Always restrict browser extension to a certain vault

Options

The browser extension seems to always use the vault that's selected in the 1Password app. Is there a way to set the browser extension to always use a certain vault and never go outside of it?

I use Chrome users heavily, with a different user for home, work, financial, etc. I also have a different 1Password vault for each. I'd like to set the browser vault for my Chrome "home" user to the home vault, work user to work vault, etc. Then there would be no way to accidentally log into an account using the wrong Chrome user.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.1.1 (70101001) AgileBits Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@drappleyea: No, but you can either switch to that specific vault, and 1Password will not offer you logins from others, or hide the others from the All Vaults view. Or, if you're using a 1Password.com account, you could install 1Password X in that browser and have a different setup there than the Mac app. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• drappleyea
    drappleyea
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, I didn't know about the 1PasswordX extension. I'd been using the 1Password extension suggested by the app.

You are correct. I've done a few minutes of playing with it, going in the settings and only turning on the one vault I want. So far, seems to work just like I want.

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are most welcome! I'm glad that fits into your workflow. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.