1Password desktop app crashes when syncing via WLAN Server

bitmender
bitmender
Community Member

I'm running beta versions of 1Password, macOS and iOS -- so, naturally, I expect some issues. I skimmed this beta forum for reports about my problem but am not seeing any. I prefer to sync via WLAN Server which I think is less popular, so maybe no one has spotted this yet.

When I open one of my devices to sync, it appears to complete the sync but the 1Password desktop app crashes every time. I've restarted my computer and my devices -- has not helped. I tried to attach a copy of the crash log (.txt) to this post but the "attach file" function shows text files grayed out -- so I guess I can't. So I uploaded it to my website instead -- link below.

buffalomode.com/1pw-crash.txt

1Password Version: 7.2.BETA-1 (70200001)
Extension Version: 7.2.BETA-1
OS Version: 10.14 beta (18A384a)
Sync Type: WLAN Server

Comments

• @bitmender,

If you launch the app does it prompt you to submit the crash report? Unfortunately the crash report you attached doesn't include additional information that our report submission utility will include. Specifically the exception that was logged when the crash happened.

• bitmender
    bitmender
    Community Member

Just did that now. I'd seen the "report" screen on follow-up launch but had mistaken that for an Apple bug reporting tool -- not something that would send the bug report to 1Password development. My bad.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bitmender: No worries! While you may see a macOS dialog (1Password itself can't send a crash report if it has crashed, but the OS can), that's not the one we're looking for. When you reopen 1Password, you should be prompted to send the crash details to us. That will tells us what crashed, not just that a crash occurred. If you're using the same email address here in the forums as the one you used to submit the crash report, we should be able to find it. Otherwise, email us at support@1password.com and post the Support ID you receive here so we can look into it. :)

• bitmender
    bitmender
    Community Member

Just resubmitted a fresh report because I may not have used the same email address as my forum profile. The one I submitted today (September 9) uses the same gmail.com address so hopefully you can find the report now.

• @bitmender,

Found it, will take a look at it in the morning with the team.

This discussion has been closed.