Syncing Problems on Version 7

AngloDave
AngloDave
Community Member

I have been using 1Password Pro for a long time, both on IOS and Android. I recently upgraded to version 7 and now can't seem to do anything.

When I load up the app on my Note 9, I am now greeted with the message "Vault already converted", It looks like this vault has already been converted. Please email our support team . . . etc

All my passwords are there, but when I try to add a new one, I get a message "Vault Update Required", your primary vault is in the Agile Keychain format (.....etc)

When I tap "continue" I get the message "unable to convert vault" and asked to contact customer support. I am now doing so !!! Please help.

1Password Version: 7.0.3 for android
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @AngloDave. The Agile Keychain vault format that you've been using is being retired in favor of OPVault format, which is more secure. So it sounds like 1Password on Android is trying to convert your data but seeing that you already have an OPVault folder in Dropbox.

Are you syncing with any other devices? If so, what devices are you syncing with? Also, does your Android device have data on it that isn't showing up on your other device, or do you have everything you need on Android?

• AngloDave
    AngloDave
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply, but I fixed it a few hours ago. I deleted the app, reinstalled and linked it to the OPVault folder, not the Agile Folder, all seems to work fine now.

• Thanks for the update! I'm glad you were able to get everything sorted!

• Kurtois
    Kurtois
    Community Member

Hi, @peri.

My question seems similar, so I am going to tack on to @AngloDave 's thread.

I have a Chrome OS device that runs Android apps. On v7.0.3 of the Android app, which appears to have updated automatically, I am now receiving the 'Vault Update Required' message immediately after I unlock the app.

That said, my iOS (latest version of app and iOS) and MacOS (UNKNOWN version of 1P + v10.10) have not complained.

I keep my vault on Dropbox. However, I searched Dropbox for 'opvault'. No results are returned. I do see the "agile" keychain folder, however.

Please let me know if I can provide additional details.

• Kurtois
    Kurtois
    Community Member

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/95186/syncing-problems-on-version-7#latest

Hmmm.....

1Password (1P) Support,

I tried asking a followup question of @peri above, however, I have not seen a reply as of this writing. It does appear she has been active in the forums, however.

That said, I was hoping you could review the text I tacked on to the thread above and provide some insight(s).

1Password Version: v6.7 (670008 - Mac App Store)
    Extension Version: N/A
    OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• Hi @Kurtois. I've merged both of your threads here to keep them in one place. It sounds like you're using 1Password 6 for Mac (if you're using macOS 10.10), which supports the Agile Keychain format, as does 1Password 7 for iOS. We have retired that format in 1Password 7 for Mac, Windows, and Android, and will in the future on iOS.

So the reason you're not seeing any warnings on iOS and Mac is because they both still support the Agile Keychain format. 1Password 7 on Android does not, and will require that your standalone vault be in the OPVault format. If not, 1Password 7 for Android will convert the data for you.

Please go ahead and update the vault from your Android device. Afterward, you'll just need to update your sync preferences on Mac and iOS to point to the newly created 1Password.opvault folder in Dropbox.

• Kurtois
    Kurtois
    Community Member

Hello, @peri!

This answers my question, for the time being. I will proceed as directed and circle back if there are any issues that arise. Thank you!

• You're welcome! Let us know if you need anything else!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@aleksandrinho: Just to clarify, we've never sold a "lifetime" anything. Your license(s) won't expire, but they're only for the specific version you purchased.

Regarding sync, 1Password 7 uses OPVault format, not AgileKeychain. OPVault will also work with 1Password 6 though. So unless you have other outdated devices running very old legacy versions of 1Password, you can convert to OPVault. Even when you do, the original vault is not deleted. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2018

Hi Brenty, Just want to tell that you replaced in Google Appstore 1pass6 with 1pass7. And that bother me. I dont like when I am pushed to upgrade by force and by new features that I really need.

@aleksandrinho: You're not forced to upgrade. Updates are optional. We absolutely recommend upgrading as the old version will not receive new features or improvements that could benefit you, but we can't make you do that. Is there a specific reason you don't want to upgrade?

Also, keep in mind that if we released 1Password 7 as a separate app, it would also be a separate purchase. You may not care, if you really don't want the new version. But for most people a free upgrade is welcome. Something to consider.

So please confirm that once migrated to oovault, I will not need to upgrade my.mac 1 pass

You don't need to:

OPVault will also work with 1Password 6 though. So unless you have other outdated devices running very old legacy versions of 1Password, you can convert to OPVault.

Does that help?

This discussion has been closed.