1Password vs 1Password X full comparison?

Options

Hi,

I'm new to 1Password. I'd like to ask about the detailed comparison between 1Password with Chrom Extension vs 1Password X Extension alone. Such as all the features, cons and pros. Some I've already known:

• 1Pasword Chrome extension need the desktop version to work
  • 1Pasword Chrome extension is faster to edit an entry while 1Password X takes time to load the site 1Password.com
  • 1Password X has better UI with more in-line functions than 1Password extension.

Thanks,
Anh

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm new to 1Password. I'd like to ask about the detailed comparison between 1Password with Chrom Extension vs 1Password X Extension alone. Such as all the features, cons and pros.

@LagPick: Thanks for checking it out! I don't think it's really feasible to list all of 1Password's features, but you can find a good overview of both the 1Password desktop app/extension and 1Password X on our support site:

Use the 1Password extension to save and fill passwords on your Mac or Windows PC

Get to know 1Password X

And of course if you have specific questions I'll be happy to answer them. But most folks find actually using using them to be a better experience and more instructive than reading about them. :glasses:

Some I've already known:
    1Pasword Chrome extension need the desktop version to work

Correct. But for most folks that use 1Password X, that's irrelevant, as they cannot use the Mac or Windows app anyway (Chromebook, Linux PCs, etc.) That's something the native apps can't do. ;)

1Pasword Chrome extension is faster to edit an entry while 1Password X takes time to load the site 1Password.com

That's the native 1Password app at work. Since it runs at the system level, it can be more robust in some regards, interacting outside the browser. That's something that 1Password X can't do. :)

1Password X has better UI with more in-line functions than 1Password extension.

That's pretty subjective, and I hear folks say the opposite just as often as those that agree with you. Really it's a matter of preference, as we put the same love and care into both. Different tools for different environments. Try them both; see which works for you. We won't judge. :innocent:

This discussion has been closed.