Passwords missing after upgrade

Options

I got a message telling me that I needed to upgrade from Dropbox to a new vault a few days ago. I think it was on my Android but it might have been on the PC. Now when I go into my PC the passwords that I previously had categorized as Accounts seem to be missing. The Account category is empty and I cannot find these passwords with a search. I am not sure those passwords every replicated to the Android because I don't remember ever seeing them. Anyway, they are also not on the Android now. Can you help me get them back? Also, do I have to upgrade both Android and Windows to the new vault? Is there any explanation of the pluses and minuses of the upgrade and any instructions for doing the upgrade? Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Hi @jsfireman,

Thanks for writing in.

Please avoid duplicating your thread, we will respond as fast as we can.

Accounts/Wallets were groups of related categories, they do not exist anymore in OPVault nor 1Password 7 apps. Instead, you'll find most of them in their own separate category on the sidebar and the old templates such as FTP or Generic Accounts were converted to be Logins now.

Check your list of Logins, you should find what you're looking for.

• jsfireman
    jsfireman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike, thanks for your help. Sorry for accidentally duplicating my post.

I checked my logins and also looked for a new category on the sidebar but I was not able to find the missing items. Is there anywhere else I can look?

• Hi @jsfireman,

Did you try selecting All Items on the sidebar and search for that item? Are you using 1Password 4 or 7 on your PC?

Do you see it on your Android device or where was the last time you saw them?

• jsfireman
    jsfireman
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I tried selecting all items on the sidebar and searching but they were not there.

I am using 1Password 4 on my PC.

The last time I saw them was on the PC a week ago when I had an accounts category. As I remember, there was never an accounts category on the Android. I am not sure if they were ever on the Android.

• MikeT
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi @jsfireman,

Right because accounts/wallets were phased many years ago but 1Password 4 for Windows never removed it fully. You can remove them manually by going to the View Menu to deselect Accounts/Wallets.

Are you using Dropbox? If yes, can you go to your Dropbox folder to look for 1Password.legacykeychain, do you see it?

• jsfireman
    jsfireman
    Community Member
    Options

I am not clear if 1password is still running on Dropbox or not. But when I go into Dropbox I see the legacykeychain folder along with the new opvault folder which was created a few days ago.

• Hi @jsfireman,

Move the 1Password.legacyagilekeychain folder from your Dropbox folder to your desktop. Rename it to 1Password.agilekeychain.

Open 1Passworde 4 on your PC, go to the File Menu > Open 1Password vault and open that renamed folder on the desktop. Unlock, do you see your items now?

• jsfireman
    jsfireman
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I see my items now. Thanks very much!

What are my options in moving forward? Is there a way to upgrade to the current version and still keep my items?

• MikeT
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi @jsfireman,

Yes, there is a way and we'll help you. The main question is why did 1Password 7 for Android create an empty vault, it sounds like there was some issues during the conversion process. My suggestion is to try converting it with 1Password 7 for Windows to see if it works fine.

Before we proceed, you said you want to upgrade to current version, do you mean just 1Password 7 for Android to sync with 1Password 4 for Windows or do you also want to upgrade to 1Password 7 for Windows?

Unlike 1Password 7 for Android, 1Password 7 for Windows is not a free upgrade but it is fully designed with OPVault in mind. 1Password 4 can support OPVault that 1Password 7 uses but it won't be able to show you the tags on the sidebar and in 1Password 7 apps, folders has been converted to tags.

There is also the option of upgrading to 1Password.com membership, which includes all 1Password apps and future upgrades automatically. This article will explain the benefits of it: https://support.1password.com/why-account/

This discussion has been closed.