To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Subscription But No 1Password Account!!

Options
glindsey
glindsey
Community Member

When you buy a subscription from the Apple Store, are you supposed to get a "Secret Key" or an account on 1Password.com? Or both? I have written Henry Stern about the problems that I am having in trying to move from my individual licenses on each of my devices to the subscription model. But this one question I failed to ask him!

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member
    Options

My support ID is [#SKS-14843-983]. I want to scream! Trying to transition from individual licenses to a subscription model is most distressing. I have no idea where to begin at this point.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@glindsey - a 1password.com subscription is the same regardless of whether you purchase it directly from us or using an Apple Subscription. Only the payment method is different. The Secret Key is an extra layer of security for your data that is only present in 1password.com accounts, so if you subscribe to a 1password.com membership - regardless of whether you do it via us of via an Apple Subscription, you should have one of these.

Since you're already involved in a conversation about this with Henry via email, let's keep the conversation going in that more-private venue, rather than try to conduct parallel conversations across multiple points of contact with multiple people. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.