I can't find my secret key? [Secret keys is a part of 1Password.com credentials]

zerogeesus
zerogeesus
Community Member
edited September 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Instructions on website say go to Accounts > Secret Key. I got to Accounts, but it's blank.

What I did is reset Mozilla Firefox, so I can actually get into 1Password, but I can't unlock the 1Password addon in Firefox. I can't sign into the website either because it also asks for a Secret Key there.

1Password Version:_4.6.2.626
_Extension Version:1Password X (Firefox) version 1.10.3
_OS Version:
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• zerogeesus
    zerogeesus
    Community Member

Its also worth noting it says my 1Password on Windows 7 isn't registered, but I should have an account...

• zerogeesus
    zerogeesus
    Community Member

More info: 1Password is a registered copy (I can provide the key if needed, but I don't think it's a good idea to post it on an online forum :) ) but it's just blankw hen the Accounts area shows up; i don't see anything in it. I can provide screenshots on imgur if that helps.

• Hi @zerogeesus,

Thanks for writing in.

You've installed the 1Password X extension, which is only available for 1Password.com memberships, it can't be used with standalone vaults/licenses. If you have 1Password 4 or 7 installed with a license, you'll have to uninstall 1Password X and use the regular 1Password extension, which you can find here: https://1password.com/browsers/

If you have 1Password 4 installed, open it, go to the Help Menu > Advanced to select Use Native Messaging protocol as it is required for the 1Password extension in Firefox.

1Password.com memberships and a license for 1Password are two separate products from us, they work differently. 1Password.com account is where we manage most of the 1Password functions for you such as backups, syncing, licensing, and so on, so you just have to sign in with your 1Password.com account and it's ready to go. To ensure your 1Password account access is even stronger, we use Secret Keys, which you can learn more about here.

• zerogeesus
    zerogeesus
    Community Member

You are my hero Mike, that was the issue; I downloaded the wrong version and was trying 1PasswordX and not the correct one. It looks like it is behaving again.

• Awesome, I'm glad to be able to help here.

This discussion has been closed.