Exporting Documents to PC

Options

Hi there

I came across an incredibly painful scenario today. I had a 49 multipart zip in my documents from long ago. To get them back out I had to click on one at a time and save it to desktop. This process became slower and slower as I moved down the list as every time a file had saved 1Password decided to open a brand new window of windows explorer. So in the end I had to sit and close 49 explorer windows which was frustrating not to mention how painful the process of getting my files back out was. Surely after all these years you could have designed a better way to do this.

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @MitchellK,

Thanks for reporting this.

We'll look into remembering the last used directory and to reuse the Windows explorer when extracting files from Document items.

Beside that, is there something else you'd like to see us improve on? I'm not sure what we can do about multi-part files, it's not something that we may be able to accommodate due to the design nature of 1Password. You can upload one large file up to your storage limits as we use multi-part upload calls. We had a few that uploaded 2GB ISO files okay.

• MitchellK
    MitchellK
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike, after finally getting them all out I made it a single zip now for future. The original multipart zip was made I think due to limitations on version 4 of the software which I was on for some time until recently moving to the new version.

• MikeT
    edited September 2018
    Options

Ah yes, that would be because for standalone vaults, we have a max limit of 5MB per file. For 1Password accounts, we don't have a file limit anymore, only the storage limit of the 1Password account plan.

The reason for the file size limit was because you have to sync everything for standalone vaults whereas there is no need to do that for the 1Password accounts. Encrypted files are uploaded/downloaded separately using a different API, meaning you could sync separately while uploading/downloading large files on demand.

This discussion has been closed.