To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Chrome browser reported as Opera by 1P.eu

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited September 2018 in Memberships

Hi, if I login into my account from Chrome on Android, the browser is identified as Opera.

According to http://whatsmyua.info/ this is the browser I login from:

But on 1password.eu (and also in the "new sign-in" email) is reported as Opera:

Of course it is not a serious problem, just a small detail... ;)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.1.0
Sync Type: 1password.eu

Comments

• Hi @lammoth. I've moved this discussion to the Memberships topic, as it relates to your 1Password membership rather than the 1Password app on Android.

I've just tried signing in from Chrome on Android and am seeing it identified correctly in my authorized device list. Can you try deauthorizing the device from 1Password.com, then clearing Chrome's cookies, and signing in again?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @peri

I've cleared Chrome's cookies and Android's cache (for the Chrome app), I've also used an incognito window to sign-in, but the browser was always identified as Opera. The good news is that I've installed Chrome Beta, which was correctly reported by 1Password.eu.

So, it's not a problem to wait until Google will release the new Chrome in the stable channel... :)

Thank you for support.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2018
    Options

On behalf of Peri, you're very welcome @lammoth! If you see this happen more in the future and would like us to take another look, let us know :)

This discussion has been closed.