Left company, now can't access private vault

Options

I've been a 1Password user for a long time. I originally had a stand-alone account, but when my company started a team subscription a while back, I was prompted by 1Password to merge my account into that. I was promised my private vault would remain private.

I left the company last week, so they removed me from the team (obviously). Unfortunately, 1Password now tells me I can no longer access my private vault, saying I no longer have access to my account. How can I regain access to my private vault?

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bootsified
    bootsified
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind. I found my keychain file and imported it into a new family account. All good!

• Hi @bootsified,

While the private vault does indeed stay private (in that nobody else can see the contents) if it is a part of a membership that is being paid for by a business they can revoke your access to it. 1Password Business memberships come with a 1Password Families subscription for each individual on the business membership, where your data is stored entirely independently. When you’re removed from the business membership your 1Password Families membeship will freeze, and you can enter your billing details to continue it. This is the suggested setup for this sort of situation.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.