Bulk export and import between 1Password accounts

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I need to move the contents of a vault in my personal 1Password account into my new team account.

I've exported all items from my personal account like so:

op list items --vault="Work" > workitems.json

I'm stuck trying to import these into the team account now though. Can items only be created manually 1 by 1?

1Password Version: op0.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Debian testing buster
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@lmcm op list items won't give you enough information to create a new item. It only outputs the overview of the item (the majority of the information is in the details). You'll need to write a script that takes all of the items in workitems.json and calls op get item [uuid] with the itemUuid from each item. Then, you'd need to use the correct template from op get template to construct a new item to pass into op create item with the new account.

As you can see, this is sub-optimal. We're actively working on overhauling the item creation flow to make this much better. For now, I would highly recommend that you use one of our desktop apps to perform the migration by signing into both accounts and just selecting all of the items and dragging them into the new Teams account personal vault.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Thank you! I didn't have a good look at the output of op list items, silly me.

On Linux sadly so no desktop apps, but this shouldn't be too hard now you've told me what to do. :chuffed:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

(Managed to post the above comment twice. :blush:)

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

Alright :) Please let me know how things go, and feel free to post any scripts you come up with so others can benefit as well :)

This discussion has been closed.