Chrome username fill overlaps 1Password

I took the plunge and exported and imported all my logins from Chrome to 1PasswordX.
I disabled save passwords and auto sign in in Chrome, I purged all the saved passwords, and I purged all the form fill information from Chrome.
Chrome still pops username boxes on top of 1Password.

Any ideas how to keep Chrome from filling any usernames or passwords, or how to get 1PasswordX to paint on top of Chrome?

E.g.

1Password Version: NA
Extension Version: 1.10.3
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: X

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2018

@ptr727: Indeed. We don't have any control over the browser or other extensions interfering with ours. The only way for you to prevent it, as far as I know, is disabling the feature:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

We've always recommended that for security and privacy reasons, in addition to usability, and recent changes definitely have had additional impact on that. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• ptr727
    ptr727
    Community Member

Like I said: "I disabled save passwords and auto sign in in Chrome, I purged all the saved passwords, and I purged all the form fill information from Chrome."

Are there other settings in Chrome that need to change to prevent this problem?
    Or is it a bug in Chrome?

If a bug in Chrome, it still impacts the usability of your product, thus I expect you to indirectly fix it, e.g. push Google to fix it, or you fix it for Google in the open source of Chrome.

Chrome version: Version 69.0.3497.92 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

@ptr727 That looks like Chrome is trying to autofill something other than your password. Turning off Chrome's address/payment info autofill should stop that from appearing over 1Password X:

1. Click the three-dot Chrome menu in the top-right of the toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. If you see Addresses near the top: open it and turn off the Autofill forms toggle.
    3. If you don't see it there: scroll to the bottom, click Advanced, open the Autofill settings tab, and toggle filling off.

Let me know how that helps :)

• ptr727
    ptr727
    Community Member

Ok, I disabled autofill forms, will see if it still happens.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.