Identify Information Not Filled In on SquareSpace Web Site

Options

Hi,

I'm having a problem where some Identity & Credit card information that should be filled in isn't.

Here's what happens. In Firefox I go to https://www.michaelmiliciaphotography.com/, click on Purchase, click "5 x 7 Avian Desktop Calendar ...", click Add to Cart, click "1 item $24" at the top of the same screen, click Checkout, enter my email address, and click Continue. Now I'm prompted for my Shipping address. If I now click the 1Password icon, click Identities, and click my identity (which has my address information) nothing happens. None of the fields (name, address, or phone number) are entered in the form. If I enter them manually and click Continue then I'm prompted for my credit card information, and when I use 1Password to fill those fields it enters the credit card and CVV number but not expiration date. This site is hosted on SquareSpace so this problem probably occurs on their other eCommerce sites too.

Thanks,
Mike

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password membership

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019
    Options

@MikeA01730: Thanks for getting in touch! Indeed, this seems to be an issue with the current version of 1Password for Windows. We've got the new filling Brain there, but we'll be shipping a newer version in the next update. Until then I'm not sure if this is a bug with the app, or just something that we've already improved in the Brain, so we'll look into it.

ref: opw/opw#3476

• MikeA01730
    MikeA01730
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I'm having a problem where some information that should be filled in isn't.

Here's what happens. In Firefox I go to https://www.michaelmiliciaphotography.com/, click on Purchase, click "5 x 7 Avian Desktop Calendar ...", click Add to Cart, click "1 item $24" at the top of the same screen, click Checkout, enter my email address, and click Continue. Now I'm prompted for my Shipping address. If I now click the 1Password icon, click Identities, and click my identity (which has my address information) nothing happens. None of the fields (name, address, or phone number) are entered in the form. If I enter them manually and click Continue then I'm prompted for my credit card information, and when I use 1Password to fill those fields it enters the credit card and CVV number but not expiration date. This site is hosted on SquareSpace which trends.BuiltWith.com/cms says hosts over 10,000 live web sites, so this problem probably occurs on their other eCommerce sites too.

I understand that there's a lot of variation across eCommerce web sites and there are challenges in making 1Password work for all of them. However one solution that I've seen with other password managers lets me display the relevant entry (e.g. here my identify entry) and then drag each field value from that entry to the form. It's way faster than doing a copy and paste for each field and makes the whole process less odious. I suggest that you consider adding this feature to handle the situations where form filling for whatever reason doesn't work.

Thanks,
    Mike

1Password Version: 7.2.576
    Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
    OS Version: Windows 10
    Sync Type: 1Password membership

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MikeA01730: It looks like you posted the same thing in two different places for some reason, so I've merged them here.

• MikeA01730
    MikeA01730
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty,

I submitted the first post on the Windows forum but the next day it wasn't displayed. I noticed the Saving & Filling forum, thought that maybe the post was rejected on the Windows forum because it was the wrong place, and posted it where it belonged without the suggestion.

What do you think about the idea that I mention at the end of the second post above re supporting drag and drop from 1Password to a form? If it turns out that it's hard for the Brain to keep up with every new eCommerce form that somebody devises it might keep your users a little happier.

I'll look forward to the Brain update.

Thanks,
    Mike

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @MikeA01730,

We have the ability to drag and drop in 1Password for Mac but I'm not sure Windows has a direct equivalent. What it does have is something called auto-type which might help.

https://support.1password.com/1password-mini-windows/#fill-details-in-apps

If you're find multiple fields aren't filling correctly though I'm suspecting that this will feel a bit clunky and you'll probably find copy and paste and alt tabbing between windows a lot quicker.

Of course ultimately we want to try and make it so the filling code doesn't make too many mistakes but it is sometimes amazing the way some forms are designed and how unfriendly they are to any sort of automated or assistive access.

• MikeA01730
    MikeA01730
    Community Member
    Options

littlebobbytables,

Thanks. I'll give auto-type a try next time I have an issue.

Mike

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The "Type in window" option is really handy, but we'll also be building on the in the future and also making changes to 1Password mini to make it easier to work with in cases like this as well — along with the work we're constantly doing behind the scenes to improve filing in general. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.