Can't Log into 1Password X on Chrome MacOS? Team credentials work fine in app.

Options

I am new employee. I'm also completely new to 1Password.

I've been trying to setup my Chrome(Version 69.0.3497.92 (Official Build) (64-bit)) extension on both MacOS(10.13.6) and fully up-to-date Ubuntu 18.04.

My app running under MacOS is working great, and I log in easily.

When I try to use the chrome extension, I am asked to log in. I click on the "Have a Team?" link and enter my team as it appears in the 1Password->app->preferences->accounts->sign-in-address window.

Then I copy and paste my email address and secret key from the same window. Then I use the same Master Password that I used to get into the app... no love.

I have even written my master Password in plaintext in an editor, copy/pasted it into app (works) then chrome (does not work).

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Bill

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 1.10.3
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: None
Referrer: forum-search:Can't Log into 1Password X on Chrome MacOS? Team credentials work fine in app.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mlabBill: Thanks for getting in touch! I'm not sure I understand though. Are you able to sign into 1Password.com in your web browser?

• mlabBill
    mlabBill
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for responding Brenty.

I got it figured out... or perhaps more accurately I got it working. Turns out that my Master Password on my local app is different than my Master Password for the web. I don't really understand the logic behind it, but it seems that things are working good enough.

Bill

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mlabBill: Ah, bingo! That means you've setup a local vault in the app, whose Master Password will be used to unlock it. Do you have everything in your 1Password.com account? If so, you can remove the local vault and then you'll only have one Master Password to remember. ;)

This discussion has been closed.