Windows 10 Refresh Problem

Options

I have been using 1Password4 which has been a Chrome add on. Following a Windows 10 Refresh, I have lost all apps, including browsers. I have got most things back to normal but I cannot find a way to get my 1Password Chrome extension to open. I used to click, provide master password and away we go... Now it wants me to set up an account! What should I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Vergelegen,

Thank you for reaching out! I hope your Windows 10 refresh experience is getting better.

It sounds like you download 1Password 7 for Windows installed at the moment. If you have already installed 1Password 4 for Windows, please try to uninstall 1Password 7 and check if the extension connects to 1Password 4 after that. Here is how you can do that:

1) On the Start menu, select Settings.
    2) Select System > Apps & features.
    3) Find 1Password 7 there and then select Uninstall.

1Password extension should connect to 1Password 4 after that. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Vergelegen
    Vergelegen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg
    Sorry for the late reply - been on hols. Yes that worked - in fact I had two other !Password apps loaded and I have no idea where they came from. Anyway, I uninstalled them and my 1Password4 is now operational. Many thanks. - Bob

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Vergelegen,

Great news! Thank you for keeping me posted. :)

You should be all set now with 1Password 4 for Windows, but please note that this app is outdated already. We released a new version of 1Password 7 for Windows, which is a new purchase: you can either purchase a license or sign up for a new 1Password account:

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

If you have other questions, feel free to raise them. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• Vergelegen
    Vergelegen
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, but I have already established with Brenty that my PC is too antiquated for your latest apps.

• Hi @Vergelegen,

That's odd since 1Password 7 runs on Windows just as well as 1Password 4, it should be faster than 1Password 4 in certain cases. I've checked your history with Brenty, there's nothing to suggest it wouldn't run on your PCs.

Just to be clear, 1Password 6 wouldn't be a good fit because it didn't support standalone vaults (and Dropbox) and licenses. 1Password 7 adds support for just that, licenses and standalone vaults, so it then becomes a good fit because of that.

If you ever want to try 1Password 7 or later releases, let us know and we'd be happy to help.

• Vergelegen
    Vergelegen
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for this Mike. I will look at 1 Password 7 and see what it is all about.

• Hi @Vergelegen,

No problem and thanks for giving it a look. If you have any questions, we'd be happy to answer them.

If you use a lot of standalone vaults or attachments, I would recommend waiting for our 1Password 7.3 update before giving it a try, we're optimizing the update for handle large and/or multiple vaults.

• Vergelegen
    Vergelegen
    Community Member
    Options

Understood :-)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Vergelegen: On behalf of Mike you are very welcome! :+1:

Again, please feel free to contact us anytime, we are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.