1PW crashing every time

Hi,

I have 1PW installed 7.1.2 at my W10 PC today. Problem is that the program keeps crashing. I looked at the forum and checked .Net version which is 4.7.2.

Eventlog could not be uploaded as textfile (not allowed?) but screenshots attached

Please help - the program is not usable like this...

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10 1803
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @deeks,

Thanks for reporting this.

For the future references, right-click on the errors in Event Viewer to select Copy > Copy details as text and paste it here.

That's an odd .NET error. Did you just start getting this error today or is this the first time you're installing 1Password 7 at the work PC?

Do you recall installing 1Password 6 or 7 before on that PC?

• deeks
    deeks
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting back, I had both 1PW4 and 1PW7 on this machine earlier and uninstalled them using windows uninstaller.

The funny thing is that 1PW7 did work originally but the dropbox sync i have in place did not work. I uninstalled it and then the trouble started.

Let me know what to do.

• deeks
    deeks
    Community Member

Ps. I had to send screenshots in stead of text. Pasting the text contents in the post did not work as the maximum amount of words for a post was exceeded. Also attaching a txt file was not allowed

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

The funny thing is that 1PW7 did work originally but the dropbox sync i have in place did not work. I uninstalled it and then the trouble started.

@deeks: If it helps, 1Password has nothing to do with Dropbox sync; it simply writes the vault to the folder you specify, and if that's in Dropbox then Dropbox can sync it to your other devices. One important thing is that the Dropbox desktop app needs to be installed, up to date, and running for any syncing to happen. I'm sure that's obvious to you, but it isn't rare that folks who report issues with sync find that Dropbox isn't running at all, or is having issues syncing because it's outdated. So definitely worth double-checking. This guide will walk you through verifying that everything else is configured correctly as well:

If you’re having trouble syncing with Dropbox

Regarding 1Password, it's probably best to ensure that you've completely uninstalled any version, and then install a fresh copy from our site after the latest version of Net Framework:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2018/04/30/announcing-the-net-framework-4-7-2/

https://1password.com/downloads/

Ps. I had to send screenshots in stead of text. Pasting the text contents in the post did not work as the maximum amount of words for a post was exceeded. Also attaching a txt file was not allowed

No worries. Feel free to email us at support+windows@1password.com with the details if you encounter further issues, and post the Support ID you receive here so we can take a look. :)

This discussion has been closed.