1Password 4 and iOS 12

I hate to complain about having gotten something so great for free all these years, but here goes. I've been using 1Password 4 Windows trial version for a long time. It never expires, it just has a nag screen when you open it. This version has synced perfectly with the iOS version of 1Password - until now. With iOS 12, 1Password requires a secret key login which 1Password 4 never had. So all of a sudden 1Password is much less useful to me than it has been. I'm debating whether to get an account, and although I think 1Password is great, I have an extreme aversion to monthly fees - even just $3. I'd probably be willing to pay $20-$30 for a perpetual license. Anyway, keep up the good work for those willing to pay for it.

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows, iOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @twentw,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry for the confusion.

1Password 7, which is available on iOS now, supports standalone vaults as well as 1Password accounts (with Secret Key, sign-in address, etc.). In order to use it, you will need to sync your vault via Dropbox on both devices.

Moreover, we released a new version of 1Password for Windows, 1Password 7. You can either purchase a license or sign up for a new 1Password account. You can also learn more about the benefits of 1Password accounts in this article on our website:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Could you please tell me what difficulties you have now? We are here to help, so please let us know. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• twentw
    twentw
    Community Member

You're correct, I can still use 1Password as before. My issue is that I can't use the Autofill Passwords integration in iOS 12 without a paid 1Password account.

• Barky
    Barky
    Community Member

Where can I purchase 1Password 7 for Windows with a one time fee?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Barky: In the app! More details here:

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

:)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2018

@twentw: That's not accurate. Either a 1Password.com membership or purchasing the Pro Features directly will allow you to use all of the features in 1Password for iOS. Cheers! :)

• twentw
    twentw
    Community Member

OK, this discussion has all been about nothing. I went back to the Autofill Passwords option in Settings and now there are two options there - for iCloud Keychain and 1Password. They were not there yesterday. So now I'm all squared away. Thanks for your patience.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, likewise, thanks for the update! It's interesting to know that it wasn't showing up for you at all in iOS Settings for a bit. That's the first I've heard of that happening, but it's good to keep in mind for the future. I'm sure that Apple will smooth things out over time as they release further updates to their new OS. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.