1Password keeps crashing

Options

I know there is a topic regarding 1Password crashing but I did not want to jump on someone else's post.

So 1Password kept crashing and I looked here for a solution and found that I should uninstall past versions of 1Password. So I did that. But when I restarted my Windows 7 SP1 machine, and launched my browser, 1Password looked like the old version and not the web version.

So maybe I uninstalled the wrong one? The one I have is version 4.6.2.626.

So if the answer to the above is to uninstall ALL of my 1Password and reinstall, how do I get all my logins and passwords back?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626 (24)
Extension Version: Google Chrome
OS Version: Wondows 7 SP 1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @retiredone3704,

Thanks for reporting this.

Uninstalling 1Password doesn't remove your data folder, you can always reinstall and see your 1Password data right off the bat. As long as you don't use any third party tools to remove the program.

Just to be clear, do you have 1Password.com account or are you using standalone vaults/licenses? 1Password 7 is for 1Password accounts including standalone vaults but 1Password 4 is limited to standalone vaults only.

Also, 1Password 4 and 7 are two entirely different programs, in other words; they do not have anything to do with each other, if one is having an issue, that does not mean the other would be the same way.

You're using Windows 7, which originally didn't come with .NET 4.6 or later installed, normally Windows update would tell you to install it. That could lead to 1Password 4 or 7 crashing if it didn't detect that you didn't have this version installed. Try installing the latest .NET 4.7.x from here, reboot, check for all Windows updates (including optional updates) and install them, reboot once more, and see if you can open 1Password without it crashing.

This discussion has been closed.