1 password 7 on my wife phone not syncing. All my products are syncing

Options
pillman
pillman
Community Member

Have had 1PW6 for years, just upgrade(1password.com) to 1PW7 about week ago.All my products are syncing(IMAC, MacBook pro, iPhone...Invited my wife to join the family. Her iPhone will not sync....I am using dropbox.

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1 password 7 on my wife phone not syncing. All my products are syncing

Comments

• pillman
    pillman
    Community Member
    Options

Getting many views on my question. BUT NO REPLIES !!!! HELP

• Hey @pillman, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble syncing your wife's iPhone. Just to clarify, you mentioned using a 1Password family membership, but you also mentioned using Dropbox. These are two separate ways to sync your 1Password data and can't be used together. With a family account, you can simply sign into each of your devices with your account details and all your data will stay in sync. Dropbox, on the other hand, is used to sync data within a standalone vault (i.e. not part of a family account).

When your wife joined your family account, did she move her existing items out of her "Primary" standalone vault and into her "Personal" vault of the family account? It sounds like they may still be within a standalone "Primary" vault, which would explain why they are not syncing to other devices that are signed into the family account.

• pillman
    pillman
    Community Member
    Options

Old man here, not technical....At the moment, I have my own private vault and my wife's vault(Linda's stuff).....
    My wife only has 1phone. These 2 vaults show up on each of our products. All of the products have same information, need to know how to get rid of dropbox sync and how to proceed. I have iMac, MacBook pro and iPhone.....please advise step by step from here as simple as possible....thanks, pullman

• @pillman

In order to give you the best instructions for your situation it would be good if we could get a better understanding of how each of these devices is currently configured. I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/461194/#Comment_461194
    • Your forum username: pillman

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• pillman
    pillman
    Community Member
    Options

From BitBot: support ID is [#LXK-25625-858].

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2018
    Options

@pillman - thanks! One of us will be with you shortly. Let's keep the conversation going via email, since it now involves specifics of your individual 1Password setup that shouldn't be in this public forum. :)

ref: LXK-25625-858

• pillman
    pillman
    Community Member
    Options

OK Lars, that is fine. Thanks, Pillman

• I'm reviewing your reports now and will be in touch soon. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.