Desktop with Firefox double sign-in?

mikmik
mikmik
Community Member
edited September 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

So as the title states I have the desktop and the firefox extension running windows 10 and i was just curious if it was intentional for me to have to sign-in on both in order to use properly?

Sometimes I like to have a larger version, mini just doesn't cut it; but when I open the desktop app following the FF extension, I have to re-enter my password, or vice versa.

Is there a way to enter my password once for the service and have it work across all other?
thanks

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: 1.1.03
OS Version: WIndows 10 professional
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mikmik,

Thanks for writing in.

That is intentional because you're using 1Password X instead of the regular 1Password browser extension that works with the desktop program. 1Password X does not communicate outside of the specific browser, that's why you can't unlock it once to unlock everywhere. We're looking into the potential of being able to make 1Password X talk to the desktop program but it is not the sole purpose of 1Password X, which is designed to run from anywhere Firefox and Chrome are without the capability of installing the desktop program such as Linux and Chrome OS.

If you wish to have one single unlock experience, you'd want to uninstall 1Password X and use the regular extensions from here: https://1password.com/browsers/

This discussion has been closed.