How do I move an old vault into the Family plan?

DBonzelet
DBonzelet
Community Member

My wife's 1password wasn't updating, so we decided to upgrade to the Family Plan. Several vaults didn't migrate over, how do I manually grab them and put them into the Family plan; currently they are they are only available on my Mac, not sharing on the Family plan.

Posed the same question on an email, case number [#BEY-44463-344] if that helps. Haven't received anything back other than a cursory "Hi, how can we help?"

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Chrome, updated
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Was using DropBox on old version
Referrer: forum-search:How do I move an old vault into the Family plan? Several vaults didn't migrate over, how do I manually grab them and put them into the Family plan; now they are only available on my Mac, not sharing on the Family plan

Comments

• DBonzelet
    DBonzelet
    Community Member

Got it sorted; probably the long version of doing it, but it worked:

On Mac, opened 1password, selected old vault (highlighted it) from the vaults listed under "On my Mac", then went to top left of screen, "File, export". It asks for Master password, then exports the data from the vault into a folder wherever you want it (I used desktop). __It highlights that the data is unsecured, so make sure to delete the file when done. _

Click the + symbol in the Family plan vaults, name the new vault, make sure it is selected (highlighted), then go to the exported file and double-click it; it again asks for master password and asks if you want to put the data here; select yes, and presto, data populates.

I ignored the question on whether I wanted to import more, or what type of program I had imported it from, etc., just kept it simple and did each vault the same way, worked great.

Still no idea why the initial transfer from the old 1password didn't work, I probably goofed it up, but good to go now. (Still no response to the email train started 2 days ago. Great product, but not very impressive IT support. Be great to at least have instant message type support.)

• Thanks for the update @DBonzelet. I’m sorry to hear this was more complex than it should have been but glad it worked out in the end.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.