To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Frozen account after subscription through Apple

robbinia
robbinia
Community Member

Hello
I tried 1P for 30 day trial on Mac, Windows & iOS and decided to buy an annual subscription through the Apple App Store. The trial expired on September 11th, and I received an email invoice from Apple for the subscription on 12th, but my 1P account is still showing as frozen today on 15th.
I emailed 1P support on 12th and have had no reply. Ticket number is #HHI-91149-821.
I since found I had tried 1P about a year ago and had an old account with a different email address and this is showing as “subscribed”.
I don’t understand this but want to use the account associated with the email I subscribed with through the Apple App Store.

This is very frustrating as I have paid for an annual subscription that I cannot use.

Will someone please look into this and unfreeze my account ?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @robbinia,

I'm writing a reply to your email now, sorry for the trouble!

Anyone else with a similar issue, please send us an email as a private convo is best for billing talk.

Cheers :smile:

• robbinia
    robbinia
    Community Member

Henry
    This is still not resolved, more than a week after the trial expired and my annual subscription started. I’ve emailed you Henry at least 3 times during the past week to get an update on when the issue will be resolved without any reply, so am returning the forum In the hope you will respond to my more public escalation.
    To say I’m not impressed would be an understatement.

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member

Robbinia - Hi! I have been following your case with interest because I have a similar problem with a paid subscription that is not linked to my 1Password account.

What I can tell you from experience is that each email you send puts you further down on the queue in terms of response time from the 1Password team because they respond to questions in the order in which they are received. So, if you want Henry to help you, as much as I identify with your frustration, it is best to quit emailing him and just be patient.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

@robbinia glindsey is totally right! I missed you at the bottom of my queue for just that reason. My apologies, email on its way to you now.

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

Robbinia, is your 1Password account working on all three devices? In other words, do all three devices ( i.e. Mac, Windows and iOS use the same Secret Key and Master password? And is all of your data now synced and showing up in your Personal vault, which is the default vault used by your 1Password membership?

If so, yours is a relatively simple problem to fix. You will just need to cancel your annual subscription to 1Password through the Apple Store and then go online to the 1Password site at https://my.1password.com using your 1Password login from within your 1Password account. By using the login provided, you will not have to retype your Secret Key. Then click on "Billing" from the options on the far right, select "annual membership" and put a credit card on file.

You will be billed again, but Agilebits will provide you with a coupon code so that your first year will be free since you already have paid for it through Apple. Your credit card should not be charged until a little over a year from now.Then, after you have resubscribed through the 1Password account online, redownload any "frozen" apps from their site... Not the Apple Store!

Next, one by one, delete your old applications that are frozen and replace them with the ones from the 1Password online site. All your data will automatically be restored.

Then drop Henry a note and let him know you have followed these steps and he will take care of the billing on his end.

• If you’re still having difficulty please let us know. :+1:

Ben

• JHall552
    JHall552
    Community Member

I am having the same problem. I purchased a year subscription through Apple, but my account is frozen. I cannot get a response through the customer service email. Is there a way to link my subscription to my account?

• Hello @JHall552,

It looks like you also have two accounts. It's possible that the account attached to your iOS device wasn't the same as the account you sign in on your other devices.

Please post the TICKET ID for us, and I'll reply to the ticket to help get this resolved.

• JHall552
    JHall552
    Community Member

@jin_dhaliwal my ticket ID is [#LCB-23764-711]. It shouldn’t be different accounts because it is the same email. Is it possible to link the subscription to the account?

• It looks like you had one account that was opened on Oct 26th, that the subscription was applied to. The account was then deleted somehow and a new account was created on Oct 27th.

So right now you have a deleted account that the Apple Subscription was applied to, and the active frozen account which you want the subscription applied to. I'm looking into this now and I will follow up with you through the ticket as soon as I have a solution.

• JHall552
    JHall552
    Community Member

@jin_dhaliwal hi, I still don't have a solution and this is getting ridiculous. Can you offer me a credit for the price of my subscription and let me subscribe again through this account? I need access to my information ASAP. I have paid for a subscription I cannot use and cannot get a refund.

• Hey @JHall552, I'll follow up over email - just to make sure we keep everything in one place, let's continue the conversation over email.

• Feast
    Feast
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

Hi Guys, I'm having this same issue with two accounts connected to a single Mac email address. I tried 1Password out for 30 days as a family account and also an individual to see the difference. Deleted one, went with the other. Now I am auto-subscribed through the Apple store to the one I deleted. So do I follow steps that glindsey mentioned above? including emailing Henry?
    Also, not happy that I have to upgrade my Iphone to iOS 12 to use the app on mobile. That's not going to happen until the bugs get worked out in that iOS. The overall user experience for an app was supposed to be a time-saver, not a time suck, just gets more questionable the farther I go..... please help.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Feast! I'm sorry for the trouble, I'd be happy to help you get one subscription correctly tied to your account. Please send us an email through our contact form and let me know the support ID # BitBot sends you back.

• Feast
    Feast
    Community Member

Thanks, @Henry. This it? Re: [#QVN-33164-142

• isha_ag
    isha_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Feast , just looked up the support ID and looks my colleague Intan has responded to it. :) Thanks for reaching out!

• Feast
    Feast
    Community Member

Yeah, thanks for checking. Intan is very helpful. Please tell your product team there needs to be an alert/warning built into the trial that let's the user know that creating two trial accounts may result in a great deal of time lost resolving the two accounts after the trial expires. I think the assumption is that the user only creates one trial account, yet I see that others are creating a single user account and a family account in order to understand the difference in functionality between the two much like I did. I'm a UX designer and yet I got lost so I can only imagine there are many other having the same issue. Better alerts and instruction in trial mode might solve that. Thanks!

• isha_ag
    isha_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Feast thanks for adding that. We hear you and others who have also shared that feedback – loud and clear. We're working towards a solution that will avoid the multiple account problems we've been seeing in a secure way.

This discussion has been closed.