Sync not working from iOS -> Windows/Mac

Options
kalbert312
kalbert312
Community Member

I updated an existing login on iOS and added a one-time password. I checked my Windows/Mac 1PW, and I did not see this propagate. I then changed the note section of the entry on iOS, still no update on the other machines. I checked the next day on my Mac, and it still does not show up. I'm using automatic sync provided by 1PW. Any ideas? Using latest 1PW on iOS/Mac/Windows as of today.

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12
Sync Type: 1PW Subscription

Comments

• Hi @kalbert312

Do you have a "Primary" vault on any of these devices?

Ben

• kalbert312
    kalbert312
    Community Member
    Options

I do. Mac is Work, PC is Personal, and iOS is Personal. This particular record is only in Personal and on my Mac, I switched to personal to check it. There is no duplication of this particular record (mentioning because I think sharing a single record between two vaults actually copies it?) I just checked this afternoon on my Mac and the OTP and note update seem to be there at this point in time... I've generally not seen issues with syncing before so I don't know what's up. All of the devices were internet connected at each time I checked.

• Thanks, @kalbert312. To be sure we’re on the same page: the item that was not syncing is in your Personal vault (not the Primary vault) and you’re signed into the same 1Password membership on each device? Each device shows the same Secret Key? And the item has now synced?

Is it possible you made the change within the 1Password extension on iOS? Or were looking for it there? The 1Password for iOS extension does not sync, only the main app does, so changes won’t appear until you launch the main app.

Ben

• kalbert312
    kalbert312
    Community Member
    Options

I was using the main iOS app, iOS primary vault was personal, and I checked personal on the other machine when I did this test. By primary vault, I’m referring to the one that new logins get put into by default. Same account, same subscription and all that. I’m thinking the issue could have been my iPhone 6 on iOS 12. I upgraded this week to XS and have had absolutely no problems with sync. Could have just been a one off issue, but everything appears to be working ok again.

• Thanks for the update @kalbert312. We’ll keep a close eye out for this. If you notice any further difficulty please let us know ASAP.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.