attempt to write a readonly database

SmithersJr
SmithersJr
Community Member

Looking through other posts, it seems this is something you guys have to help with on an individual basis. :-/

One of my Mac users on our corporate account is getting the afore-mentioned error. He can access the web site fine after "recovering" his account. However, he gets the "database" error whenever he tries to update or create a new entry in the app in any vault.

I also deleted the application and removed prefs for 1Password 7 and 1Password 4, then restarted. No change.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @SmithersJr! Yep, this one is usually best done in private via email, since there really isn't a one-size-fits-all solution to it. I'd like to ask you to have your user create a diagnostics report from his Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With the email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/95872/attempt-to-write-a-readonly-database#latest
    • Your forum username: @SmithersJr

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• SmithersJr
    SmithersJr
    Community Member

Will do. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• SmithersJr
    SmithersJr
    Community Member

Done.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@SmithersJr - I see my colleague Jacob has already replied to you, so let's keep the conversation going via email. :)

ref: YAH-73749-393

• SmithersJr
    SmithersJr
    Community Member

Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• dviveiros
    dviveiros
    Community Member

Hi, I'm in the same boat. Number = [#SPD-42395-395]

Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @dviveiros! Thanks for letting us know you've asked this same question of our email support team as well. One of us will be with you shortly via email. :)

• dviveiros
    dviveiros
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

Thanks @Lars ... I'm still waiting for the contact though. In how many days should I expect to have someone helping me? Thanks again.

ref: SPD-42395-395

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018

@dviveiros - we handle support requests in the order they're received. Currently, we're experiencing a surge of support requests that mean we're not at our usual less-than-24-hours goal time for responses. I'll see if I can get someone on your ticket. Until then, thanks for your patience. :)

ref: SPD-42395-395

This discussion has been closed.