Update stuck in a constant loop

Options
Matt_K
Matt_K
Community Member

I currently have 6.7.1, and my latest message says I need to upgrade to 6.8.9 and I'm 10 updates behind.
I get the software update pop-up. Click on "download update".
It downloads. When the download bar reaches the end, I click on "update and relaunch". It says "extracting archive" with a spinning icon.
Then it goes back to the "downloading" bar.
When that finishes, I get the "ready to update" "update and relaunch" screen again. Click on that and we're back to "extracting archive".
It's stuck in this constant loop.
This happened both before and after I updated my Mac OS to the latest version, and also with software (Chrome etc) open, and after closing everything. Even tried rebooting my macbook and trying the update before opening any other programs, and it still happens.
Any idea how to stop this, and actually update the software?
Thanks

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:updates not working

Comments

• @Matt_K,

If you download manually from https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM4 ?

What you're describing sounds like your copy of 1Password may have been AppTranslocated and so it can't update because its running from a read-only disk image created by the OS to try and protect you. The side effect from that is that the updater can't actually update the copy you have because its on a read-only disk image.

• Matt_K
    Matt_K
    Community Member
    Options

Oh thanks! I'll try that. If I download manually, and install, will it keep all my saved passwords?

• @Matt_K,

The installer doesn't touch your data, only the App itself. (your data isn't inside the app like it is on iOS)

• Matt_K
    Matt_K
    Community Member
    Options

Success! Thanks mate

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Matt_K - excellent news! On behalf of rudy, you're quite welcome. Glad he was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.