When creating an account on Wendys.com, the zip code is saved as the username instead of the email

Created an account on Wendys.com and saved the login info when the 1Password dialog box came up. Then I tried to login and the zip code was pasted in as the username. Not a huge deal since 1Password saves all the details so I just changed the username field in 1Password to be the email address I used to sign up but would be nice if 1Password saved this correctly.

Somewhat unrelated:
In the past, I thought I had seen a more direct way to open 1Password browser autofill bugs but I couldn't find that today. If there is a better place to put these bug reports let me know.

1Password Version: 7.1.2 (Mac App Store)
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

Greetings @aaronraimist,

Thank you for the report, I've filled an issue based on your description and my own findings that mirror yours. I believe 1Password has most likely picked the field directly before the password so we'll need to add a level of awareness of the page so that it does a better job. If you come across any other sites please let me know.

There used to be something called Synapse but it was in dire need of a lot of attention so it was retired until we're in a better position to do so. With it no longer available our forum is a great way to ensure somebody from 1Password sees your report and looks into it.

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#274

• aaronraimist
    aaronraimist
    Community Member

Also Slack saves the Full Name as the username and the email address as the full_name

• Hello @aaronraimist,

To help in testing is that during the registration that the wrong field was flagged as the username or was that during the sign-in process? I just want to make sure I test the correct page when investigating.

• aaronraimist
    aaronraimist
    Community Member

Yes during registration I saved the info in 1Password.

• Hi @aaronraimist,

So far I've tested three scenarios but I don't believe I've found the one you've used. My belief is based on the fact that I can't find a form where they ask for the email address on the same page as any other details. These are the ones I've tested.

1. Registration process for an entirely new Slack account (so registering as the administrator).
    2. Registering as a secondary user of the new Slack account where I receive an email invite.
    3. Registering as a secondary user of the new Slack account where I was provided an invite link outside of email.

Of the registration processes I've found none contain everything needed to create a fully working Login item given you sign in with an email address and password (I'm assuming the direct sign-in URL rather than the generic https://slack.com/signin one).

Do you know what path I'm missing where have an email field on the same form as other details such as the full name?

• aaronraimist
    aaronraimist
    Community Member

I guess they aren't ever in the same form together with current versions of the website. It used to all be just one form but now they seem to ask for each piece of information separately.

It is all on the same page though
    https://slack.com/create#email
    and
    https://slack.com/create#password.

You can't capture the email from one and the password from the other?

• Hi @aaronraimist,

We don't have automated detection for sign-in or registration processes like this I'm afraid. For sites that use a multi-stage process it's a manual affair at least for now and our support page Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages is our best resource. Maybe we can make 1Password more intelligent but it's tricky sometimes just on a single page let alone tracking data over more than one.

This discussion has been closed.