Search field in extension searches characters non-sequentially

gordon3834
gordon3834
Community Member

The search field you get when the autofill can't identify what logins pertain to an app seems to search for each character individually, instead of searching for the characters in the order you type them. This makes it virtually impossible to find anything you're looking for, and is contrary to how search works anywhere else in the app.

In the example screenshot below, I'm trying to find the "Eventbrite" login, and you can see search is matching every single result that has any of the characters anywhere in their title, instead of giving me the one I'm actually looking for.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• @gordon3834,

Is the eventbrite item actually titled eventbrite?

• gordon3834
    gordon3834
    Community Member

It is, and I was able to find the correct result, eventually. What is the expected behavior for this search?

By comparison, here is me searching for the same thing in the regular app search field. Event only typing a partial name, I only get two highly-relevant results.

• I have filed a request for improvement on this and I know the development team has already been discussing some changes here. Thanks for your feedback!

Ben

ref: apple-2282

• @gordon3834,

We've made some search improvements to the AutoFill extension in the latest beta; Could you update and let us know what you think?

Thanks!
    – Andrew

• gordon3834
    gordon3834
    Community Member

Search results seem much more relevant in this beta; thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for confirming! I'm really liking the latest release myself, for this and several other reasons. :)

This discussion has been closed.