Symantec VIP Access support

TheSalamander
TheSalamander
Community Member

I know there are a couple of threads around Symantec VIP Access support that include instructions to install a Python script etc but I don't seem to be able to get it to work and my scenario may be a little different and hoping someone can help.

I use Symantec VIP Access for a couple of the websites I frequent. I already have a Credential ID SYMC 1234 5678 (this isn't the real one), so am trying to see if I can include this specific Credential ID into 1Password 7 (for Windows 10) and 1Password for iOS.

Can anyone provide some step by step guidance for a non-techy person on how to do this. Once again, I don't need to create a Credential ID as I already have one, I just need to have 1Password create the TOTP from the Credential ID.

thanks

TheSalamander

1Password Version: 7.2.576 and iOS
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

I'm not sure, but it might be the case that you can only use TOTP with credentials created by the third party script.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure it's wise, given it's not supported by the vendor anyway. At any rate, certainly not something that's in our expertise here at 1Password.

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member

Sure would be nice, though. Symantec only lets you use VIP with one device, whereas TOTP credentials stored in 1Password are available on all of my devices.

• As far as I'm aware Symantec doesn't provide any official API or support for 3rd party apps. Unless they were to do so this really wouldn't even be something we could consider.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.