Possible to reduce 1PasswordX password unlocks when Chrome's background apps option is enabled?

Options

Hello,

I'm really enjoying using 1PasswordX so far on Chrome. One small annoyance I have with it is that I need to reunlock it with my password when I close and open Chrome (without shutting down the computer). I know it's probably due to how it accesses encrypted data, but I saw that chrome has an option to allow background apps to run even when chrome is closed. I was wondering if there was a way to make 1PasswordX run in the background so that I don't have to reunlock it everytime chrome is restarted?

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.10.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ikjadoon
    ikjadoon
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same concern and request, but for Firefox. Firefox doesn't have a "background app" feature, but if the 1PX extension could communicate with the 1P Desktop Application (which does exactly this: keeps you logged in your browser, even if you restart the browser), I'd take that.

///

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's something we'd like i the future too, but is not currently possible. 1Password X is first and foremost meant to be completely independent, so that people who cannot use the native apps can still use 1Password. But we'd like to make it more powerful in the future.

• kevdliu
    kevdliu
    Community Member
    Options

I actually switched to 1PasswordX from 1Password Windows + 1Password Chrome extension because the X has better functionality. Namely, it automatically shows the autofill dropdown + icon so I can just click the username and it'll fill everything. Whereas for the extension, I have to open the extension and then click the fill button to autofill. For websites where you enter only your username first before it loads another page to fill in your password, X fills in both automatically on the password page, while for the extension I have to launch it again and press fill to autofill the password.

I don't know if they are bugs on my machine or intended behavior.

Either way thank you for the great support! I really appreciate it

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kevdliu: Indeed, we've recently added the ability for 1Password X to help when you must continue the sign in process on a second page. I'm glad you're enjoying that feature in particular, and 1Password in general. We've got even more fun stuff coming across all of the apps. Thanks for the kind words! :)

This discussion has been closed.