1Password AutoFill in iOS 12

BleuZ
BleuZ
Community Member

Hi guys! Since this is the place for every kind of feedback, including positive feedback, I wanted to let you know how excited I am about your latest 7.2 beta. From what I've experienced so far, AutoFill is working perfectly on my iPhone and iPad.

Ever since I've moved my entire password database from iCloud Keychain to 1Password a few months ago, the iOS experience of filling in passwords has been slightly more cumbersome – until now! Keep up the great work you guys, and I'll be on the lookout for any bugs! :-)

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: none
OS Version: iOS 12
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• kas
    kas
    Community Member

I agree. It’ one of the best things about ios 12 and 1Password is more powerful than ever. Great job

• dragonsoul05
    dragonsoul05
    Community Member

Yes, I was so excited for this feature and it has met expectation excellently! I want to mention I get an error when under Settings>Advanced>Security>Always show lock screen for: Password Autofill when turned on. Get “Error loading 1Password, Please open 1Password and make sure that it is already setup.” I went to this first not realizing it was in settings to enable the autofill. Figured it out but I think this might cause problems when released. Also a link or splash screen to how to enable 1Password autofill would help people find this amazing feature.

• GreyAsteroid
    GreyAsteroid
    Community Member

Not part of the beta but from what I've seen people have been really enjoying the new autofill. Cannot wait to try it out!

• dpmuc
    dpmuc
    Community Member

I‘m using the beta on my iPad and it works great. I was asked for the master password a couple of times – now I’m able to use Touch ID. Very good job!

• Thanks for that feedback @dragonsoul05. We just put a fix in place for this and you should see it sorted out in the next beta.

• And thank you to everyone else for the kind words, glad you're enjoying it!

• TonyCr46
    TonyCr46
    Community Member

Agreed. Just loaded it and tried it on a couple of sites that were always a pain in the rear. No problems at all. As my British friends say, "Works a treat!" Looking forward to giving it a workout in the days ahead.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! Thank you for the kind words. Glad to hear you're enjoying the beta so far. :)

• Tetryl91
    Tetryl91
    Community Member

I’ll join in on the praise as well. As someone who’s experimenting with using an iPad as their primary computer, this feature is game changing. Once you get it set up it’s super simple to use and it works almost everywhere I try it, whether it’s a website or an app. And the auto copy of TOTP codes is smart. It seems I’m barely going to have to open the main app anymore, and it’s wonderful.

• steve28
    steve28
    Community Member

Best. Feature. Ever.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@steve28, @Tetryl91: Thanks so much! We've been hard at work on this. And thanks to Apple for making this possible in iOS 12! :chuffed:

• btaroli
    btaroli
    Community Member

Wow... I think I missed the first beta that supported this, but I noticed the notes in the latest update.... WOW. This is beyond awesome! I had a small number of passwords I allowed in iCloud Keychain (which I don't normally use at all). And now I'm in the process of cleaning that crap out. 1Password ALL THE WAY. :D

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@btaroli: That's so great to hear! I think I may be one of the few people who use 1Password that didn't still use iCloud Keychain for some things, and I can tell you that while it made sense for me (being that iCloud Keychain is useless on my Android and Windows devices) it was definitely a pain at times. I'm glad to finally be vindicated, but even happier to hear that this has made it possible for you to go all-in on 1Password. Have a great weekend! :chuffed:

• Sandman619
    Sandman619
    Community Member

So I have iOS 12 installed on my iPhoneX but don’t see the activation as noted by the press. I can see that my phone has more passwords available than before but 50 isn’t what 1P has. What’s up?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Sandman619: Can you clarify? I'm not sure what you're asking here.

If it helps, you just need to be up to date with both 1Password and iOS, and then you can enable the Autofill feature for 1Password. This guide will help you get started:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

And if you need help with something else just let us know the specifics. :)

• johnnysbug
    johnnysbug
    Community Member

How do I get my app to automatically have 1Password choose the correct password record? Do I need to update my iOS app to help 1Password find the matching record? Right now, when I open 1Password from within my app, I have to manually search for the correct record, but I have seen other apps where it already knows. I am assuming I need to add an associated-domains entry in my app.

• johnnysbug
    johnnysbug
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply and the link to the guide, @Ben !

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. We're here if you need anything else. :)

• ddudek
    ddudek
    Community Member

Is there a way to choose which password defaults when you have more than one password for the same site? It would be nice if it defaulted to the last one used (or if there was a preference on the password record).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That isn't possible currently with the iOS 12 Password Autofill feature, but if you use "1Password..." instead, that will show you any items you've Favorited at the top. Cheers! :)

• edonyc
    edonyc
    Community Member

I have a lot of different gmail accounts, i noticed in iOS version (non-beta) with AutoFill Passwords on for 1password that there are times when i need to sign into a gmail account and i choose 1password as my autofill. that sometimes it will allow me to choose from there different gmail accounts. In other times it gets stuck on a single Gmail account and don't have the ability to choose a different one.

I am running IOS 12.1 Beta and running the non-beta 1password from the app store on a iphone XS max

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@edonyc: Can you give me a specific example with the URLs and exact OS and 1Password versions involved? You should be able to just tap "1Password..." to get a full list in 1Password's own UI. I'm not sure why Apple's Autofill would show different results at different times. Maybe a quirk of the beta.

• Manhal
    Manhal
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

I’m using iOS 12 on my iPhone 6 plus, and autofill works perfectly... except that i have to press 2 times in the password or user name field to let the fingerprint pop up!! It would be very nice if you fix this...
    And I have multiple vaults, and I want autofill function to work on one vault instead of all, unlike the old filling , I don’t see this option.

• @Manhal

1Password isn’t involved in the first process... that is all Password AutoFill (which is a feature of iOS 12 itself). That would be something Apple would need to adjust.

The multiple vaults thing is something we have control over and are evaluating how to best handle that going forward.

Ben

• Manhal
    Manhal
    Community Member

Thank you for your answer @Ben. However, I think I didn't explain my feedback accurately.

The issue is that when I open a website in safari and required to enter Username/password, first I have to press at the username box so the keyboard pops up, with the suggested passwords at the top, then when I select the Password "NOTHING HAPPEN", until I select the username box again and select the password again, then the fingerprint request pops up ... I completely understand if this is iOS 12 issue, however, I tried different password managers, and they work from the first try!

Thanks ,
    and all the best

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Manhal: Indeed, what you're describing is the iOS 12 Password Autofill feature. 1Password isn't involved at all there. As Ben mentioned, only the OS, and by extension Apple, has any control over the presentation/process of that. Have you tried restarting your device?

• astech
    astech
    Community Member

Where can I find information about security aspect of this autofill feature? I am quite hesitant in using this feature, thinking this may provide access to my password or secure details to Apple. What has 1Pass done to ensure their customer details are not compromised in this process. wouldn't it open more ways for hackers to be able to attack while decrypted password info is being passed on to browser?

• Hi @astech

Apple addresses the privacy and security of their Password AutoFill feature in iOS 12 here:

Password AutoFill | Apple Developer Documentation

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.