App filler not working properly on some apps

philliplyle
philliplyle
Community Member

Example: Chase app shows 'Search 1Password' dialog and it's unclickable. Restarted my phone and it works. Logged off app and tried again, and it now remembers the single login I chose, but clicking Search to choose a different login doesn't work again.

Samsung S8+ on Oreo.

Comments

• Hi @philliplyle. Are you only seeing this error in the Chase app? I just tested it out on my device and the 'Search 1Password' button is working just fine on my end. Is your vault an .agilekeychain or .opvault folder? Also, what version of 1Password are you using and are you syncing with any other devices?

• philliplyle
    philliplyle
    Community Member

I can replicate it in the Bank of America all as well. What's interesting is that once the app knows the login, it will display the login as a selection with the Search 1Password dialog below. The Search button is still unselectable, but the named password works.

I don't know how to check the type of vault, whatever the default is when creating on the web.

• @philliplyle thanks for reporting this issue to us! I was able to reproduce this on my devices and identify the cause. We should be able to get this fixed for the next update.

• philliplyle
    philliplyle
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. Any ideas when the next update is arriving?

• @philliplyle Although I can't give you a release date, I can say that we're looking forward to releasing another update in the near future. ;)

• Lucent
    Lucent
    Community Member

I still have this problem on both the Note 8 and now the Note 9. If inside an app "Search 1Password" pops up over a username or password entry, it is not clickable. If there's also an option matching that Android app, it is selectable and works.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Lucent: Can you clarify? You say "still", but I'm not seeing any earlier reports from you. What OS and 1Password versions are you using, and what app(s) are you having this issue in? You also mentioned, "If there's also an option matching that Android app, it is selectable and works." To me that sounds like it's working for you. If it's not, please be specific about what you're doing and what's happening. Thanks!

• Lucent
    Lucent
    Community Member

In a lot of apps on both my old Note 8 and new Note 9, "Search 1Password" cannot be clicked by either touch or pen. It is completely unselectable. "Netgear / Arlo" is selectable. Definitely occurs for me on Arlo, Orbi, Tesla, Twitter, Instagram. I can find more specific ones if you need, but it's almost universal on my phone.

In Chrome, the "Autofill with 1Password" pop-up is selectable and does let me choose an account to use.

• Thanks for the info, @Lucent. Are you still using 1Password version 6.8? If so, can you launch the Play Store and update to 1Password 7 if it's available to you? The issue you're referring to was fixed in 1Password 7. Let me know if that helps!

• Lucent
    Lucent
    Community Member

It's not available to me through the regular Play Store. I found the beta opt-in at the bottom. I'll go ahead and join that to get 7, thanks.

• Thanks! It is rolling out in stages, so if you don't have the beta yet, you should be getting the stable version soon!

• TechAddict
    TechAddict
    Community Member

I've noticed this numerous times, had always put it down to sites somehow preventing autofill. I'm using an S7 Edge with Android 8 and 1PW 7.

• Hi @TechAddict. Can you elaborate on the issue? What browser are you using? Also, do you have Accessibility enabled in Settings > Filling, or do you just have Autofill enabled there? Are you noticing this just in your browser, or in any app in particular?

• TechAddict
    TechAddict
    Community Member

@peri Will get back to you. Sorry, been away on business.

• No worries. We'll be here when you're ready.

This discussion has been closed.