I upgraded from an old version, I can't find any of my data. Help. PLEASE.

I was using a very old version of 1password on my Mac laptop. I have it backup to my dropbox, but i wasn't able to get any new updates and the application was crashing daily. So I went online and purchased the new version and after it installed all my old stuff is gone! Please help me retrieve it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i just upgraded and all my old data is gone. How do i retrieve all my old data

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rach_brench: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using (and what you upgraded from), the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, do you see your old vault in Dropbox still? Thanks in advance! :)

• rach_brench
    rach_brench
    Community Member

@brenty thank you for responding to my original post. would you mind helping me figure out why my data isn't syncing to my 1password account? I have a lot of information on my desktop 1password application that doesn't show up when I login online to 1password. I cannot find anyone talking about this and I don't know how to force it to sync up?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rach_brench: Sure! But it doesn't really work that way. Data won't quite "sync" with your account. Rather, you need to put the data in your account in the first place in order for it to be accessible there. Here's where I reiterate that it would be really helpful to know what you're using. Otherwise I can't even tell you what to look for really. Can you take a look at my previous reply and give me the information I requested there? Do you have a Primary vault on any of your devices?

• rach_brench
    rach_brench
    Community Member

@brenty, thank you for the reply.
    I'm on a MacBook Pro, OS X 10.13.6
    I have 1Password 7.1.2
    It says my dropbox is up to date.
    I'm also on current iCloud.
    I can't remember what version I upgraded from but it was a desktop version and I backed up to Dropbox. It was before the cloud version was offered. I was also not a monthly fee, but rather a 1 time purchase. Sorry.
    I have a Primary Valut & 1Password valut. Only the two.
    Is that the correct info?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rach_brench: If your data is in local vaults syncing with Dropbox or iCloud, it is not in a 1Password.com account. At this point, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report for each device so we can look at how you have things setup:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send them to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#TKZ-46319-917]

If you’re reading this and you are not rach_brench, this Support ID is for rach_brench only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link them to our current conversation. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: TKZ-46319-917

• rach_brench
    rach_brench
    Community Member

@brenty, done. I've sent the diagnostics reports to you and included the support ID. Thank you for helping me!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent, thank you. We're reviewing the data and will get back to you via email shortly.

This discussion has been closed.