iOS SDK - Write/Read "Documents" category?

Options
Sajjon
Sajjon
Community Member
edited September 2018 in iOS

Hello, my favorite product team!

I am a Swift developer writing an open source cryptocurrency wallet for iOS.

It is imperative to make a cryptocurrency wallet app secure and especially important to make it easy for the end user to secure their credentials. Since I am in love with 1Password I would love to offer support for 1PW to the end users of my wallet app.

The user can create a new crypto keypair in my wallet and I would love to make it easy for them to export the newly created key pair as a keystore file (JSON) and save it in 1Password as a "Document". This is something I do myself. It makes perfect sense making it possible to save the keystore JSON file directly from my wallet to 1Password and not having to email the file to a computer and then store it - because then it needs to pass email servers!

However, looking at your iOS SDK in Github, I can see no functionality for reading or writing an entry of the category "Document" to 1Password.

So I was wondering if you are planning to support this use case soon? If not, I will gladly implement said use case myself and make a pull request if at all possible? If it would be possible I would be grateful for any input getting started (I'm a senior iOS dev, so you could start with high-level description).

Thanks!

1Password Version: N/A
Extension Version: Your iOS SDK
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: N/A

Comments

• Hi @Sajjon

We don’t currently have anything like that, unfortunately. It is a really cool idea though, and I think we would like to do something somewhat like this. I would not say that it would be coming “soon” though. There is a fair amount of work that would need to be done to accomplish everything we’d want something like this to do. I wish I had a more encouraging answer to share, but hopefully it is something we can bring to light at some point down the road.

We’re not in a position to take 3rd party code submissions, sorry.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.