Cannot fill on Hargreaves Lansdown

Comments

• rm48il
    rm48il
    Community Member

Having the same problem (I think) since the latest 1pw update on the two stage login for Hargreaves Lansdown.
    1pw no longer fills either stage.
    Using Safari 11.1.2 on an iMac
    Website is https://online.hl.co.uk/my-accounts/login-step-one
    Please would you try to check this out for me?

• Hi @rm48il,

I've split your post away from the thread discussing Santander as more often than not an issue with a site is very specific. Can you try manually saving a dedicated Login item for the first page please and see if you find that one correctly fills. The steps to use are the ones detailed at How to save a Login manually in your browser. When I tested the first stage I found that it would fill both fields but given the presence of a password field for the date of birth it will mean two Login items, one per stage. If we can confirm the first one works for you we can turn our attention to the second.

• rm48il
    rm48il
    Community Member

Yes that seems to work fine.
    I've set it up to include the second stage(date of birth) so that works too.
    However, passing the second stage of the procedure then takes you to another page: https://online.hl.co.uk/my-accounts/login-step-two
    which requires the random password that 1pw generated and which I stored in 1pw as "Hargreaves Lansdown Stage 2". This has also stopped filling since the latest update.
    Should I do a manual set up for that too?

• Hi @rm48il,

I can't see the second page but another user who also reported issues with this site did include a screenshot. I believe the second stage asks for one password in full and then characters from a second password. If it's just the password in full you need 1Password to fill then manually saving a Login item ought to work but I cannot test to confirm. I believe that for the individual characters multiple input fields are presented with certain ones disabled and others enabled to indicate which characters it is requesting. Is that correct?

• rm48il
    rm48il
    Community Member

Yes that's correct. I'll do the manual log in for stage two.
    Hopefully that will fix it .Thanks for your help.

• Hello @rm48il,

Let me know if I can be of any assistance with the second page :smile:

• rm48il
    rm48il
    Community Member

Thanks will do.
    BTW any progress with sorting the 1PW Safari bug? I mean the one that won't let 1PW "open and fill" without first clicking to move the cursor somewhere else on screen. I'd hoped there might be a fix now that we are on Safari 12.0

• Hi @rm48il,

In a way it will no longer affect 1Password but not for the reasons that might be hoped. Due to the potential for abuse Apple are changing certain software automation features. Certain applications will have to ask for permission for much stricter versions of certain functions but the one 1Password relies on for submit after filling is just being removed. While our use was innocent and useful to for the user there was the possibility it could be abused so as a safety measure it's being removed. With its removal we're also removing the submit feature entirely from 1Password for Mac. I completely understand Apple's perspective even if it's sad that it impacts 1Password. The extension will still attempt to leave focus on a filled password field where possible but submitting will require the user interaction.

This won't be what anybody wanted to hear but we also need Apple to make the hard decisions and make macOS as secure as possible.

• rm48il
    rm48il
    Community Member

Going back to my original problem, I have found that the solution you suggested will work for Stage 1 but not for Stage 2.

Can you think of anything else to try? At the moment I need to copy and paste the Stage 2 p/w from 1pw into the Stage 2 webpage

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2018

Hello @rm48il,

In order to see what we can try for the second page I'll need your assistance. I'll contact you via email.

ref: QAP-66262-572

This discussion has been closed.