1Password app disappears when iOS 12 Screen Time restrictions are enabled?

isaacandersonlaw
isaacandersonlaw
Community Member

It appears the iPhone 1Password app simply disappears on a phone with Screen Time restrictions enabled. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone else know a way around this? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Screen Time

Comments

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@isaacandersonlaw

Can you tell me which particular screen time settings you're using that recreate this? I'm afraid I'm not super familiar with how to configure screen time in such a way that I am going to be much help without it.

But from a developer point of view we didn't have to do anything for Screen Time. In fact, as far as I am aware developers don't have to do anything to support it. So I don't believe this is something we can "fix" really but I can at least try to confirm whether it's happening to me as well

• isaacandersonlaw
    isaacandersonlaw
    Community Member

Sure, no problem, thank you for looking into this. This is related to my daughter's iPhone. I have enabled all four categories: Downtime, App Limits, Always Allowed, and Content & Privacy Restrictions. It doesn't matter that 1Password is listed as an Always Allowed app - I have the same problem. In fact, the app disappears regardless of which Screen Time settings are used. Curiously though, 1Password is still listed in Settings and you can still change 1Password settings from there. One more thing: when I look up 1Password on the App Store and tap on "open", I get a message saying "Restrictions Enabled", and encouraging me to turn Restrictions off. Yet on iOS 12 the Restrictions feature no longer exists-- it has been replaced by Screen Time. There's a bug somewhere, for sure. I hope that helps.

• rudy
    edited September 2018

@isaacandersonlaw,

under ScreenTime -> content & privacy -> content restrictions -> Apps, do you have it set to something other than all apps?

1Password currently has a 17+ rating in the App Store due to the inclusion of a web browser component.

• isaacandersonlaw
    isaacandersonlaw
    Community Member

That's it! That fixed the problem. I had restrictions on the apps. Thanks for the help!

• Thanks for the update @isaacandersonlaw. Glad to hear that did the trick.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.