To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Do I need a subscription??

soffan73
soffan73
Community Member

I bought 1Password or anglebits as it might have been called a few years back. It has worked great with my iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro but now I got a new computer (iMac) and I want to start using it on that. What do I need to do? Do I have to start buying a subscription? I already paid decent lump sum when I bough it.

Thank you
Sophie

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I bought angle bits a few years back and now I got a new computer

Comments

• Hi @soffan73

1Password 7 for Mac (the latest version) does require a separate purchase from any previous purchases, or a 1Password membership. You could go either way, but there is a lot to love about membership:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

You can read more about your options for v7 here:

Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac

If you've never used a 1Password membership before I'd highly recommend trialing one. We offer a 30 day free trial. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Technically you could stay with what you currently have (probably 1PW6) but for long-term security and compatibility this is not recommended by AgileBits

• soffan73
    soffan73
    Community Member

I would really just like to keep what I have. I found the info for my purchase. It'a s key that longer than Route 66 and what I bought is called 1Password 3 (single). It works really well and I'm not really interested in paying something continuously.
    How can I install what I had on my old Mac onto my new Mac?
    Thank you

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I think you need to check further what version you bought and were using. 1PW3 is ancient, barely works if at all on modern versions of MacOS, and is insecure, and I shouldn't thinkit could work with your iPhone. There was a paid upgrade from 1PW3 to 1PW4, and then free upgrades to 1PW5 and 1PW6, though licencing changed from a licence key to a licence file.

If you have (and AgileBits should be able to help you check) a licence for 1PW6, then you could continue to use it, though I still think you should pay for the upgrade.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@soffan73: 1Password 3 supports Snow Leopard and Lion, so if you're using a Mac/OS from the current decade you're gonna have a bad time. You can find more details here:

1Password 3 legacy support information

But suffice to say you'd be much better off using the correct version of 1Password, since that will work with recent OSes and you'll be able to use 1Password with a modern web browser as well. Otherwise you'll be limited in what you can do, as 1Password 3 was designed a decade ago and a lot has changed since then.

If you've purchased a newer version though and need help finding your license, shoot us an email at sales@1password.com with the details so we can help.

This discussion has been closed.