Having issues syncing after converting in Android app

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Questions about update conversion process.

Comments

• msotelano
    msotelano
    Community Member
    Options

I use to use Splash ID. When they change the system I decided that was time to change. I did it for you. NO CLOUD AND 1 PAYMENT ONLY.
    I am using 1 Password 4 since 2015. Time ago you changed and started to offer Password 7 MONTHLY PAYMENTS. Of course, I did not change. You also changed to a CLOUD SYSTEM which I believe is a huge mistake, just putting my information in more danger. Of course I did not use it.
    So, you change your app and now it is the same as Splash ID.
    I did not care, until now.
    When my Android App told me it will change the system to the new one I could not stop it.
    Lucky me I did disconnect my computer to the net (As I am using Dropbox to sync) and export all my info from 1 Password.
    Then I did reconnect and allow 1 Password to re-sync. IT WAS A DISSASTER.
    Originally I had 334 entries. After the update now I have 287!!!!. Where are my lost passwords????? I just realize that when I tried to access to my bank account and the password (the whole info in fact) WAS NOT THERE?!?!
    Now I choose NOT TO SYNC WITH MY ANDROID APP, I am managing 1 Password on my computer only after creating a new file, restore my old files and save them in my computer ONLY.
    But I need to use 1 Password on my Android.
    Do you have any solution? I do not want to pay monthly (If I need to I would choose to go back to Splash ID or KeePass, which is free and saw on the reviews of KeePassDroid that many people is migrating from you to them).
    Just to be clear: I do not want to pay monthly and I do not want to sync with your servers. I just want to keep using Password 4 and sync with my android WITH NO PROBLEMS.
    Is that possible?
    I feel I had been scammed. Lots of problems now

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Originally I had 334 entries. After the update now I have 287!!!!. Where are my lost passwords?????

• msotelano
    msotelano
    Community Member
    Options

Agreed with petalhanger:

I use to use Splash ID. When they change the system I decided that was time to change. I did it for you. NO CLOUD AND 1 PAYMENT ONLY.

I am using 1 Password 4 since 2015. Time ago you changed and started to offer Password 7 MONTHLY PAYMENTS. Of course, I did not change. You also changed to a CLOUD SYSTEM which I believe is a huge mistake, just putting my information in more danger. Of course I did not use it.
    So, you change your app and now it is the same as Splash ID.
    I did not care, until now.
    When my Android App told me it will change the system to the new one I could not stop it.
    Lucky me I did disconnect my computer to the net (As I am using Dropbox to sync) and export all my info from 1 Password.
    Then I did reconnect and allow 1 Password to re-sync. IT WAS A DISSASTER.
    Originally I had 334 entries. After the update now I have 287!!!!. Where are my lost passwords????? I just realize that when I tried to access to my bank account and the password (the whole info in fact) WAS NOT THERE?!?!
    Now I choose NOT TO SYNC WITH MY ANDROID APP, I am managing 1 Password on my computer only after creating a new file, restore my old files and save them in my computer ONLY.
    But I need to use 1 Password on my Android.
    Do you have any solution? I do not want to pay monthly (If I need to I would choose to go back to Splash ID or KeePass, which is free and saw on the reviews of KeePassDroid that many people is migrating from you to them).
    Just to be clear: I do not want to pay monthly and I do not want to sync with your servers. I just want to keep using Password 4 and sync with my android WITH NO PROBLEMS.
    Is that possible?
    I feel I had been scammed. Lots of problems now

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@msotelano: If you had the Google Play store set to automatically update your apps, then yes, it would have installed the new version for you. However, the new version still supports both standalone and subscription. So long as you use the OPVault format, both the current version of 1Password for Android and the old 1Password for Windows version 4 can use the same data. Where do you currently have everything?

• msotelano
    msotelano
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

When I use the new vault (OPVault) I have problems: I just updated the new file I did recover and uploaded to dropbox. The app in Android did convert again to the new one. Again, I lost information. I do not want to use the new vault.

I think a proper solution will be to send me a link to an old version of the Android app. I will install it manually and do not allow to be updated.

• msotelano
    msotelano
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

When I use the new vault (OPVault) I have problems: I just updated the new file I did recover and uploaded to dropbox. The app in Android did convert again to the new one. Again, I lost information. I do not want to use the new vault.

@msotelano: Again, where do you currently have everything? 1Password will not have deleted your original vault. I can help, but I need you to help me by giving me the information I'm asking for.

I think a proper solution will be to send me a link to an old version of the Android app. I will install it manually and do not allow to be updated.

1Password is distributed through the Google Play store, and that's not something it supports.

• msotelano
    msotelano
    Community Member
    Options

"Where do you currently have everything?"
    At this moment: Dropbox - 1Password.opvault for the android app. and in my computer only Documents/1Password2.agilekeychain. As I did mention, If I allow 1Password 4 to upload and sync with dropbox, when I open it on Android it update my file to opvault and I lose info.

"1Password will not have deleted your original vault."
    Yes, it did not delete the original, just updated to the new version and it made a disaster.

"1Password is distributed through the Google Play store, and that's not something it supports."
    Sorry but this is not true. Google Play is the distributor, yes, but you are the developer so you have the apps saved and then you upload the last version to the Google Play store. You can send me an old version if you want. I used to work with others developers doing some translations so I know how it work.

• Hi @msotelano,

I've merged your posts and moved your thread to our Android forum, please try to stick with one thread, so we can help you quickly.

In your Dropbox folder, you do not see any folder named 1Password.legacykeychain anywhere? It should be right next to the OPVault folder.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

"Where do you currently have everything?" At this moment: Dropbox - 1Password.opvault for the android app. and in my computer only Documents/1Password2.agilekeychain. As I did mention, If I allow 1Password 4 to upload and sync with dropbox, when I open it on Android it update my file to opvault and I lose info. "1Password will not have deleted your original vault." Yes, it did not delete the original, just updated to the new version and it made a disaster.

@msotelano: Okay, so...use the original vault. Which one is that? If you give me specifics and can suggest a solution for you.

"1Password is distributed through the Google Play store, and that's not something it supports." Sorry but this is not true. Google Play is the distributor, yes, but you are the developer so you have the apps saved and then you upload the last version to the Google Play store. You can send me an old version if you want. I used to work with others developers doing some translations so I know how it work.

Sorry, we're not going to have people installing random apps from outside the Google Play store, which is what we'd be encouraging by having people sideload. We're a security company, and we're not going to encourage people to be promiscuous online. Subverting the Google Play store vetting, signing, and distribution process is a very effective way to promote insecurity, and we're not gonna do it. You're free to disable automatic updates just like anyone else if you do not want apps automatically updated. I suspect all you really care about though is getting things working correctly, and if you'll answer my questions I'm sure we can get you there. :)

This discussion has been closed.