I have a family account and noticed I still have a Dropbox 1password.agilkeychain.

Jallen
Jallen
Community Member

I assume the Dropbox 1password.agilkeychain is left from my previous sync type and I missed a step in the transition to Family Account. Can I just delete it?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.1.BETA-4 (70100004) AgileBit
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: Family Account
Referrer: forum-search:1password.agilkeychain in Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Jallen,

Do you have a Primary vault in 1Password? If not you can delete the keychain from Dropbox. If you do still have a Primary vault I’d recommend deleting that first (after verifying the contents have been migrated).

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Jallen
    Jallen
    Community Member

I have no vault named Primary. Is Primary a type of vault or simply the name of a vault?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

@Jallen

"Primary" is the name of the standard standalone vault. It is the vault people are given when they are not using a 1Password membership. As part of the migration process to an account, you are directed to delete it, which you have already done.

• TomD
    TomD
    Community Member

I seem to have a similar issue. I have just signed up for a Family account. It would seem that I have migrated my data from Dropbox, but when I open 1P on my computer it still says "Primary on Dropbox." The only vaults that are in my family account are "Private" with 3 items & "Shared" with zero.

I would like to no longer use Dropbox. Also, on once I get that set up, how can I share it with family members?

• TomD
    TomD
    Community Member

I seem to have answered my own question. I have exported the file & then imported it into 1P as Jallen suggested.

• TomD
    TomD
    Community Member

I spoke up too soon. When I go to delete the Primary keychain in Dropbox from within the app it says that the Primary keychain cannot be deleted.

• @TomD

Do you have other standalone vaults? The Primary vault has to be the last deleted standalone vault.

Ben

• TomD
    TomD
    Community Member

I am upgrading from the standalone 6. I ended up removing the old keychain manually from the Dropbox. Will that cause problems?

• @TomD

You'll still need to remove the standalone vaults from the app itself, in addition to removing the sync files from Dropbox. You may have trouble with your Master Password in the future otherwise. Please remove any vaults not listed below your 1Password membership, ending with the Primary vault.

Ben

• TomD
    TomD
    Community Member

The Dropbox file is gone since I removed it from Dropbox. I deleted the keychains "on my mac." However, the Primary keychain is still there on my Mac & I am still unable to delete it.

• @TomD

Okay. In order to get a better idea of what the current state is and how to best move forward I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/463107/#Comment_463107
    • Your forum username: TomD

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• TomD
    TomD
    Community Member

Thanks Ben. You are awesome. I think I finally figured it all out, but I sent my diagnostics to you so you could see if everything looks good. Tomorrow I try to migrate my wife's 1P 6 to the family account.

• Great, thanks Tom. We’ll review the report and shoot you an email to make sure everything is golden.

Ben

ref: KAD-81674-735

This discussion has been closed.