Sign in prompts when using browser extension

After upgrading to Mac OS Mojave and updating 1Password I'm having an issue using the browser extension. When using the browser extension (I've tried Chrome and Safari) I am receiving a prompt to subscribe or sign in to my account whenever I want to 'open and fill' to log on to a site that I have a saved sign in for. However, I purchased 1password years ago as a standalone app and therefore do not have any sign in information to provide (e.g., secret key). How can I get the browser extension to let me use its full functionality without providing log on information? Thank you in advance for your support!

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: Mojave 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @mbuckman,

1Password 7 was our first paid update since 1Password 4 for Mac. If you purchased a licence a while ago then it was either for 1Password 3 (2012 and earlier) or if during or after 2013 then it would have been for something like 1Password 4 and you were updated to 1Password 6 as we never got round to charging for an update between 4 and 6.

If you'd like to make the move to 1Password 7 it will require either a new licence which you can purchase from inside of 1Password 7 or moving to a 1Password account. That's our subscription based service where we host your encrypted data and the subscription includes continued access to the latest version of 1Password on all supported platforms. The accounts have a secret key in conjunction with the Master Password so only applicable to those with accounts. You can learn more about our 1Password accounts on our 1Password website and we also have a support page titled Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac that I hope helps. If you have any questions though please do ask.

You don't have to make the move to 1Password 7, you could continue to use 1Password 6 although much like with 1Password 3 as time creeps by incompatibilities will start to appear if you're updating the operating system and the browsers around 1Password while it remains the same. How long things might take before the cracks begin to show isn't something that can be predicted but I would hope it wouldn't suddenly come to a crashing halt in the immediate future.

• mbuckman
    mbuckman
    Community Member

Ah, I see. Thank you for the information, much appreciated!

• If I can help with anything please do let me know @mbuckman.

This discussion has been closed.