IOS 12 not allowing 1Password autofill on iPhone SE

C4S
C4S
Community Member

On my iPad with IOS 12 and 1Password 7.2 the autofill feature allows selection of 1Password in addition to Keychain. But on iPhone 5S and SE which are running 1Password 7.1.1 and IOS 12, there is no option to select 1Password for autofill, only Keychain is enabled automatically. Can 1Password version 7.2 be loaded on these devices and is the older software the reason IOS 12 doesn't allow the 1Password integration with autofill?

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 12
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @C4S

I’m not aware of any restrictions on the hardware for the Password AutoFill feature; certainly there aren’t any on our end. All we require is iOS 12 and 1Password 7.2. If you’ve confirmed you’ve got iOS 12 and 1Password 7.2 on the iPhone, and have launched the main 1Password app since upgrading, I’m not aware of any reason that would exist on our end that would prevent you from using 1Password in Password AutoFill. As a troubleshooting measure I’d suggest rebooting the phone completely and then checking the Password AutoFill settings again.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• C4S
    C4S
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, I had version 7.1.1 on the iPhone SE and not seeing a software update option in the app I mistakedly thought the phone was incapable of updating to version 7.2, but going into the App Store After your response I was able to update to version 7.2 which solved the problem and allowed 1Password to be selected for auto fill. Hope this may help others that may have this challenge.

I appreciate the prompt response and the forum as a helpful group for user issues.

• Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that helped. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.