I can't save "Last Name" in 1Password so I can auto-fill Delta.com login. I tried the tricks noted.

Delta.com Login requires that Last Name be entered. I tried the tricks shown in the forums -- especially saving a new login. It doesn't work. Help please..

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.1.2 (70102000)
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6 (17G65
Sync Type: Families
Referrer: forum-search:delta.com

Comments

• Greetings @gwexler,

What page on Delta requires a last name? I found the following sign-in form at https://www.delta.com/login/loginPage?refreshURL= but that only asks for a fairly standard username and password. If you can point me towards the page I'll see what we can do to help.

• Hi @gwexler,

Thank you :smile: Armed with that detail I've created a test account and now I can see what you're facing. The best I can suggest is you manually save a Login item after reaching and filling in the surname field and then you will need to instruct 1Password to fill twice, once to fill the two visible fields and then a second time to fill the now available last name. It isn't great but it it will result in you being logged in. It sounds like you've already found our support page for manually saving a Login item but just in case others are reaching this thread as well the page I'm referring to is How to save a Login manually in your browser.

Hopefully you find the same as I did in my testing just now, please let me know if you find otherwise.

• chasepeeler
    chasepeeler
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

Just to add to this. If you bring up the DevTools for the delta login site, you'll see that the iframe that gets created for the various 1password dialogs always have a src of "[slash][slash]javascript[colon][semicolon]" - my guess is that an event listener delta has as part of the site is preventing the 1password listeners from working properly.

Since those iframes never properly load, you don't have a way to trigger it to save the login fields. Manually creating a login isn't a complete solution, since there is no way to specify additional web form fields.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chasepeeler,

That only applies for the 1Password X extension as it has to supply its own UI (User Interface) as a standalone extension. The version originally reported though was for the companion extension which does not create iframes and leaves all UI to the native 1Password client, in this case 1Password for Mac.

• chasepeeler
    chasepeeler
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables - you're correct. I actually created a new thread in the 1PasswordX topic. Love the name, by the way!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chasepeeler,

Fingers crossed we were able to help with the 1Password X issue :smile:

Prior to joining 1Password the people here only knew me as littlebobbytables (big fan of Randall Munroe's talent) and it was so ingrained that I got to keep the alias here :lol:

This discussion has been closed.