Cant find data on iphone 8 after upgrading from iphone 5s

jaccolon
jaccolon
Community Member
edited September 2018 in iOS

I Purchased an new iphone8 and restored my data from iphone5 which had been backed up to itunes on my macbook pro. I updated my ios to ios 12. When I opened 1Password on my new iphone8 i get the login screen which asks for master password and has a small black key with the word "password" next to it. When I touch that black key I get the touch id option. It opens 1password to an autofill Password screen with only one item showing which is dropbox.com. I cannot get to any of my vaults, or identity screen, or login screens or anything else. If I press cancel, it goes back to the log in screen. If I press the small info icon next to dropbox.com I get the user name and password for dropbox.com. That is ALL I CAN Do. I did try to send the link to my iphone via messages but when I selected the link, it did nothing. Appreciate any suggestions.

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: don't know how to find out
OS Version: don't know how to find out
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @jaccolon

You’d need to enter your 1Password Master Password for 1Password on the 1Password unlock screen in order to proceed. The black key yu’re seeing is part of iOS 12’s Password AutoFill feature. Password AutoFill doesn’t have your Master Password, and so it cannot fill it into 1Password.

Ben

• jaccolon
    jaccolon
    Community Member

that did it. Thank you so much!!!

• @jaccolon

Thanks for the update! :) If you’re interested in learning more about the new features of Password AutoFill I’d suggest reviewing this guide:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Ben

This discussion has been closed.