1 PW keeps crashing on only one login

emilotte
emilotte
Community Member

1 password keeps crashing with one of my logins on my iPad but works fine on my iMac. My browser setting is set for the iPad Safari browser.

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: latest iOS 12.0
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1 password keeps crashing on one login on my iPad but works on my iMac

Comments

• Hi @emilotte

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please let me know what happens if you save a new login for this site and then delete the old one? Does the new one work properly?

Ben

• emilotte
    emilotte
    Community Member

I saved the site as a new login along with new password and it still crashes. However when I reopen 1PW a small window opens and asks me if I "would you like to open this url in 1 PW". It opens the account login page and fills in the client id number and leaves the PW out, I then touch the password block and the keyboard appears with the choice 1PW on the top and when I select it and the proper login it fills it in ok and launches the site fine without crashing. Also crashes on my iPhone however I never access it here. Both phone and iPad are operating on iOS 12.0

• @emilotte

When you say it “crashes” — could you define for me what that looks like to you? Is there a screenshot you could provide that would illustrate that without disclosing any private information?

Could you please share with us the URL to the website in question’s login page?

Ben

• emilotte
    emilotte
    Community Member

This is the URL “https://online.credential.com/iconnect/u/pages/preferences.page” for the site and when I say it crashes 1PW just closes by collapsing (closes so quick I can’t get a screen shot or it) to reveal the iPad home screen. It is when I go to the dock and touch it to open it again and it opens the small window opens asking if I want to open the URL. I have copied three screen shots to my iCloud drive which you should be able to view at the following locations.
    Thanks..... Everett

• @emilotte

I’ve done some testing and there appear to be problems with this page that are bigger than 1Password. If I navigate to https://online.credential.com/iconnect/u/pages/preferences.page in Safari (which 1Browser is based on) I can’t even type in the Client ID field. The same behavior is also visible in 1Browser, unsuprisingly. It seems this page will need to be updated for better compatibiliy with mobile browsers.

Sorry I don’t have more encouraging news to share.

Ben

• emilotte
    emilotte
    Community Member

Thank you, I will raise the issue with my advisor the next time we meet.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• emilotte
    emilotte
    Community Member

I have one additional question if I may. Most times now when I attempt to log into a sight using 1 PW on my MAC I get the following message window on my screen. once I click ok and the screen disappears I can continue logging in to the site.

• @emilotte

macOS Mojave does not allow keystrokes to be emulated, and as such the autosubmit feature is dead. It has been removed from 1Password 7.2. Additional discussion can be found over here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/95986/why-was-auto-submit-removed-intentional-auto-submit-not-returning/p1

Ben

This discussion has been closed.