Install Update in Mojave stalled and made 1PW unusable

Options
fbx3
fbx3
Community Member

How to fix this mess? Tried reinstall from 1PW and it runs once but does not replace or leave an icon in Applications. Thought it might overwrite the stalled auto-installation. Did not. Cannot delete (see below). Aaarrrg.

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fbx3 - If you have 1Password from the Mac App Store -- which your description and screenshots would seem to indicate you do -- then the reason you're having this problem is that you need to fully quit 1Password before attempting to update from the Mac App Store. To quit 1Password 7 completely, type ^⌥⌘Q (or just hold down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). Then try your update again. Let me know how that works for you! :)

• fbx3
    fbx3
    Community Member
    Options

Turn it off and left it alone for 2 hours and now seems OK. The stalled icon is gone and 1PW runs on boot as before. Appreciate your help but looks like I won't need it this time. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fbx3 - Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I could help you get things squared away, but if the problem righted itself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had an active hand in it or not.

Keep an eye on things and please let us know if the problem recurs or if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a great week, and thanks for being a 1Password user!

This discussion has been closed.