Samsung Knox / Android for Work and fingerprint unlock

lmap
lmap
Community Member

Our company uses Android for Work / Samsung Knox profiles to separate company apps and data from employees' personal apps and data, so I now have 1password installed in my Android for Work profile and I can use it just fine inside the work profile. However, I'm unable to use Fingerprint Unlock. When I try to enable it, I get a message saying "Enroll fingerprints. In order to use Fingerprint Unlock, you need to first enroll at least one fingerprint. " etc. As if I didn't have any fingerprint saved on my phone. Yet when I click "enroll" I get my phone's "Lock screen and security" settings which correctly shows 1 registered fingerprint.

It looks to me as if the phone is accessing the settings outside the workspace but that 1password of course can't access those settings that reside outside the AfW container.

While typing this, I realized the solution to the problem: I remembered there are separate settings for the workspace, and adding a fingerprint there solved my problem.
So this is just to inform a) other people possibly dealing with the same problem :) and b)
you that maybe 1password should access the AfW settings instead of the settings outside the container if the app itself is installed in the AfW container (I'm not really familiar with Android development though so maybe it's not possible or it's a Samsung/Android bug, but still!).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.0.0.
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks @lmap! I'm glad you found a solution to the problem, and I appreciate that you left it here for others who might have the same one!

This discussion has been closed.