Remove read only

I have everything working ok on my desktop (Standalone license, 1Password 7, Windows 10 ).
Have just installed 1Password 7 on my laptop (also Windows 10) and whatever I do I can't seem to remove read only restrictions. I used .opvault file to transfer vault to laptop. Can someone explain the correct steps? Things were so much easier with 1Password 4.
TIA

1Password Version: 7.2.580
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (1803)
Sync Type: none

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sargas: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! You'd need to pay for 1Password 7 in order to remove the read only restriction, either buy purchasing a license for that version or with a 1Password.com membership. You can find pricing in the announcements detailing what's new:

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

Otherwise you can continue using the version you paid for. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• sargas
    sargas
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

Thanks for reply.
    I have a license for 1Password 7.

It states "This license can be used by (my name) on as many PCs as needed.

The issue I have is removing read only restrictions on a laptop I just copied the vault to.

When I click 'add license' it launches open file dialog box for a .onepassword7 file. I have no memory of receiving such file.

• sargas
    sargas
    Community Member

I just found my email receipt. It had a download link for the license file. Other than feeling stupid, all is fine now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sargas: Ah, thanks for clarifying. Unfortunately 1Password has no way of knowing whether or not you've purchased it unless you register the app with your license information. Have you tried doing that from the license email you received? The good news is that all you need to do is follow the instructions there and click the link to install the license in 1Password to register the app and remove the trial restrictions. Let me know how it goes. :)

• sargas
    sargas
    Community Member

Thanks. I sorted it out before you finished composing your reply. See above.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Tch. If you're stupid, then I'm slow, so I guess we make a good team! :lol: Anyway, glad that did the trick for you. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. Have a great weekend! :)

• sargas
    sargas
    Community Member

Something I forgot to ask. How does one restore 1Password 7 from the zip file backups? Import option doesn't recognise zip folders, neither does 'Open vault on this PC'. I searched the forums and also checked the 'Learn More' link in the Import section but found nothing.

I noticed that saving new logins/passwords/etc will trigger a new backup zip file but only a single time, further saved logins do not create backups. There also doesn't seem to be an option to create these zip backups, so restoring from them may not contain the most recent saved logins etc.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sargas: Just extract it and rename the folder with the extension .opvault — any recent version of 1Password can open that.

This discussion has been closed.