Restoring 1Password 6 license after time machine backup restore (only have 1password 7 in app store)

Kevinw
Kevinw
Community Member

I've been looking on the support forum for answers and elsewhere on the internet, but not sure how to resolve my scenario.

I am using the standalone version of 1password as an existing user. Have been most recently using 1 password 6. I purchased through the app store a few years back (I have also sent an email to your support address where I attached the original receipt).

Recently I purchased a new MacBook and restored everything onto it from my time machine backup. 1 password 6 however is saying that my trial has expired and I don't know how to restore the license on the new MacBook.

Because it was purchased in app store, I have looked to reinstall it from the app store - but I can only find 1 password 7 and not 1 password 6. How can I get 1password 6 back?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

You should be able to get 1PW6 from the Purchased tab of the App Store.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Kevinw: Indeed, if you purchased 1Password 6 through the Mac App Store, you just need to install it from your Apple ID's purchase history:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272#apps

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Kevinw
    Kevinw
    Community Member

Thanks for the replies. All resolved now. Downloading it from the app store has fixed it.

The reason I posted above was that I couldn't actually seem to find it in the app store purchases tab - only 1pw7 was there (I may have tried to install it at some point). However, today I have installed Mojave and I easily found both 1pw6 and 1pw7 in the new version of the app store.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome! Thanks for the update. Glad that did the trick. Honestly, you're quicker than me, because I haven't quite figured out the new App Store yet. Cheers! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.