I can't "Sign Out" of my account.

AlfieJ
AlfieJ
Community Member

I accidentally logged in to my account on my wife's iPhone. I've tried adding her account, but 1Password won't let me saying the account couldn't be added. And the "Sign Out" button on my account is grayed out, so we're stuck. There is apparently no way to add my wife's account to her iPhone.

What can we do?

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12
Sync Type: Family
Referrer: forum-search:can't "sign out"

Comments

• Hi @AlfieJ,

The "Sign out" button looks to be disabled if it's the only account added to the device. I think that's a little odd, so I've filed an issue with the iOS development team here to see if they can fix that.

In the mean time, you can work around this by going to Settings > Advanced > Erase All 1Password Data. This will reset 1Password on this device to its initial state and you'll be able to sign in with the other account.

Rick

• Hi @AlfieJ ,

I'm posting this to confirm that in an upcoming release, you'll be able to sign out of an account, even when it's the only account on the device.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member

Hi, @ag_kevin, are there any updates to this? I posted on another thread as well, but I have 2 accounts on my iPhone. One old one (1Password.com) and one new one (1Password.ca). I cannot log out of the old one, but the option to sing out is available for the new account which seems odd to me...why not both?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@KayJay:

This has been implemented months ago, hence my question on what version of the app you are running in the other discussion ;)

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana, I replied to the other thread so as not to duplicate further :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :) Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.