Item sharing - shared item isn't visible in target vault

Hi,

Yesterday I created an item (a secure Note) in one vault and shared it with another Team member via the 1P web app.

I then trashed the original copy in the source vault.

Today we can't find the shared item in the target vault. I'd like to determine where it went so I can assess any possible exposure.

I looked at my activity in the source vault and can see some actions, but not with enough detail to indicate where, for sure, that shared Item ended up.

Thanks,
Mike

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @wagnerone,

That's a good question. I think the best way to find it would be to perform a search in the app that you did the copy from. You can only copy an item to a vault that you also have access to, so it should be able to find the item if it does in fact exist.

Rick

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member

Hi and thanks, @rickfillion. However, this item was shared using the beta feature via the web interface... where you can share to a vault you don't have access. I presume when sharing this way with another team member, it should land in their default, private vault.

• @wagnerone : ah yes, the "Send a copy..." feature. Yes, it should land in that user's Private vault.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.