Getting Frustrated/Nothing Working...

Options
thomamon23
thomamon23
Community Member

So I decided to try 1Password7 and use the trial. I've used 6 for a while just to store my passwords, never used the web extension. Now I decided to try it and I am running into nothing but problems.

I went to a website and had to reset a password. It gave me a suggestion but I'm not sure if it came from the MacOS or from 1Password. But I said use Strong Password and then I hit save login. I come back to the site and try to log in and it won't login.

How do I know what is going on and how do I fix this? I am beyond frustrated...

Some of what I am did is:

Went to 1Password > Preferences > Browsers
Selected: Always Keep 1Password Extenions Helper Running, Detect new username and passwords...

I also went into Safari and enabled the 1Password extension.

I don't know what else I can do.

I also don't know why it when I went to the website of the site I was trying to login to, it saved it as the same name under another option. So now I have three options for the same site.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.1 (70201001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: No clue?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @thomamon23! I'm sorry for the trouble. We've actually got a good guide for how to use the 1Password extension to save and fill your passwords at sites you have accounts for, and another one for changing your passwords. If this doesn't look like what you did at the one site in question, and what you have saved in 1Password doesn't work to sign you in, you may need to reset your password at that site.

Before you do that, however, 1Password for Mac will always save generated passwords. Click the Passwords category in the left sidebar, and then sort the list by Date Created; anything generated by 1Password's Strong Password Generator will be saved there. Check that first, to see if you can sign back into the site.

This discussion has been closed.